Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2022, 10:40 PM   #1

Venom Superbike aka BD250-5 Speedo

Just bought and have been riding my new motorcycle the Venom Superbike aka BD250-5. Loving it so far. Only problem is the speedometer is 5 mph over the speed it actually is. Is there any way I can adjust the speedometer to read the right speed? I think this is really a problem of them upgrading the sprocket to a 17t and not fixing the speedo. I have held both buttons on the speedo and it does read "P00000" but I can't find anything on what this ever means. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Old 04-04-2022, 01:21 AM   #2

This is something people have complained about in earlier generations of this bike. I think either Boom Motors, Venom, or X-Pro USA (which also sells this bike and has the most comprehensive owners manual I've seen) would be the best bet for getting info on maintenance or fixing the bike

Old 04-04-2022, 08:33 PM   #3

Laughing

I can honestly tell you the manual tells you barely anything. Heck it tells you how to change the oil but doesn't tell you what type of oil. It also doesn't even tell the torque specifications for the handle bars to be tightened to when you get the bike. lol I do think the bike is built very well, but just tested with gps tonight, 73 mph was 55 mph, and 64 mph was 45 mph, 20 mph is 15 mph. I am guessing that the factory upgrade to 17" wheels, and 17 tooth sprocket might have something to factor in to this. This makes going speed limits very difficult. Anyone who has any idea how to fix this would be awesome.

Old 04-04-2022, 09:39 PM   #4

Yeah the Chinese bikes usually have pretty light owners manuals; just bought an Apollo dirt bike and it's the same situation. The expensive way for this would be for a shop to handle it on the dyno and calibrate it that way. Is it possible to be reprogramed based on the diameter of the wheel instead?

This video shows how it's done on a universal speedometer that comes on a fair number of these import bikes/can be bought online:

Old 04-10-2022, 09:19 PM   #5

Any luck with that? I have been searching for the programing manual forever!
It doesn't really matter but still drives me nuts. I put sticker over the speedometer lol

Old 04-24-2022, 01:05 PM   #6

Never did find a manual, but I did order the speedodrd U1 for my bike, just got it installed and programmed yesterday. Mine was -25.0% off, now it reads my speed accurately. I was getting tired of using my phone for a secondary speedometer. Install was very easy as long as you follow the instructions and keep your wiring straight.