Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2015, 11:35 AM   #16

Hopefully the guys at MCM will have better guidance for you.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-17-2015, 11:46 AM   #17

Thank you Weldangrind!!! You've been helpful too!!! I just need a parts supplier and as I'm seeing it hit or miss!!!! But it doesn't help having the quad that isn't listed anywhere!!!! You even pictured my quad!!!

Old 06-17-2015, 12:31 PM   #18

Boy I'm looking at the threads on the other forum n most of them have up to thousands of views in the ATV section but mostly no repleis!!!!!

Old 06-17-2015, 12:54 PM   #19

I was just reading on another forum that said CINARIDERS.NET is the BEST forum for information!!! If I don't get my answers here I guess I'm screwed!!!!

Old 06-17-2015, 01:55 PM   #20

I've found it at POWERSPORTSMAX.COM listed as a TOMOTO ATV250S-2...

Old 06-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #21

Nope!!! Called them and they have the picture but no parts...told me the parts are all the same!!! They're obviously not...oh well the research continues!!!

Old 06-18-2015, 01:46 AM   #22

What does it say on the steering neck label?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-18-2015, 06:04 AM   #23

CHONGQING JIANSHE MOTORCYCLE CO. LTD.
LAPSCN80X80500021
10KW 6500 R/MIN

on the engine is:
JS171FMM-7
*08E00007*

Old 06-18-2015, 11:36 AM   #24

What parts are you after?

Old 06-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #25

Rear break pads...I've gone to a few local shops even one that deals in Chinese products but no luck
It runs great but a few things I'd like to replace like clutch plates just things to keep it right

Old 06-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklove View Post
Rear break pads...
Compares it @ http://www.ebc-brakes.de/downloads/E...g_Motorrad.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklove View Post
I'd like to replace like clutch plates
Take it out & measure. With the measurement(s) we can certain the compatibility... For example: this guy http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post68091 had bad support from dealer BUT turns out it's super easy to get parts
Example http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39176366379 of commonest china bike clutch plate

Last edited by humanbeing; 06-18-2015 at 07:00 PM.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:13 PM   #27

Thanks Humanbeing I feel like I'm getting closer!! But the JIANSHE wasn't listed in the brake parts download I did see some that "looked" similar!!! I'm wonder ing am I supposed to be looking for JIANSHE parts or did some other company build my quad...the vin says CHONGQING JIANSHE MOTORCYCLE CO. LTD. so I assume that the builder??? The only parts I actually "need" are the chain tension adjuster rear brake pads and a front 1into2 brake hose to make it 100% complete...1 chain tension adjuster is stripped (it has 2) front brake hose is tore off at the hand set and the rear break pads are done...I just want to have access to all the parts to keep it in top shape but so far I can't even find anyone who even recognizes the unit!! It seems to be a really well built quad I just can't find parts!! I had one pretty nice repair shop owner (who went through the book for the download you gave me for brake pads) tell me that some companies built units and never built replacement parts so that if you needed parts some dealers hadto strip down already built units...I just can't believe with such an apparently weell biult quad that I can't find replacement parts...but so far that is my reality!!!! Personally I think I'm just not looking in the right places!!!!

Old 06-19-2015, 12:29 AM   #28

Jianshe hemsin

These 2 companies were owned by Yamaha... in china a lot of plants are Yamaha owned... I had imported some in 2008.. the pads should be the same as Yamaha .. you just need a person to talk to you right... you can try a lot of places but it they don,,t want to help that is it... I did not read where you were located... but there is many places.... can you show some pics on the pads... and the calipher??? we can decide from there... once you tell me where you are. then I can help.. thanks

Old 06-19-2015, 12:58 AM   #29

Does your rear caliper look like this?

Name:  Raptor Caliper.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  8.6 KB

Old 06-19-2015, 09:45 AM   #30

Thanks Flashlightboy!! Yes I'll try to post pics BUT WHEN I HIT THE "CHOOSE FILE" OPTION ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS!! HOW DO I POST PICS??? (I'm using my smart phone..that might be the reason???)I can't gain access to my gallery and when I hit that picture button up top there it says to enter the url address and that's for an internet picture I guess...which I don't have cause I can't seen to find any other pictures of my quad but the stock picture and Weldangrind already posted it here!!!

YES Weldangrind!!! That looks very much like my rear caliper!!(from what I can see..there are no bolts to remove the break pads on mine)

Oh n Flashlightboy I went to the Yamaha n told them that information about YAMAHA-JIANSHE collaboration and he laughed at me n told me that never happened!!! (And I wasn't about to get into a pissing contest with him to prove him wrong, I didn't want to alienate him!!) That's what I'm dealing with here!!!! But I expected that kind of treatment from dealerships from reading up on Chinese motorsport vehicle's for the past year!! (Mostly pitbikes/dirt bikes not atv's) And I live in Stuart Florida