Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2023, 09:21 PM   #31

Good luck, and keep us updated...

Old 02-16-2023, 07:57 PM   #32

Well, got a reply saying: "HELLO WE HAVE IT IN STOCK . THE PRICE $45 PLUS SHIPPING AND TAX THANK YOU". I've asked for the price taxed and shipped and payment method.
After that I'm only hoping is the correct stator. I sent all the required information and pics. Not done yet, but I'm hopeful.

TORKER.

Old 02-16-2023, 09:13 PM   #33

Torker,
Have you looked for a Loncin replacement engine? You already posted... LC166FMM

If nothing else, repowering with a new engine would get it done if you order a compatible (mounting positions). If you get exactly the same engine, then you can take the old head and work on porting it, and maybe get a cam for it, then swap in the reworked head. I know, this would be long term, Winter project.

There is probably another engine with the same mounting points if the exact model isn't available.

I guess if you knew that the first two stators would be wasted money, it would look like a better strategy. Crap!

Old 02-22-2023, 12:03 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Torker,
Have you looked for a Loncin replacement engine? You already posted... LC166FMM

If nothing else, repowering with a new engine would get it done if you order a compatible (mounting positions). If you get exactly the same engine, then you can take the old head and work on porting it, and maybe get a cam for it, then swap in the reworked head. I know, this would be long term, Winter project.

There is probably another engine with the same mounting points if the exact model isn't available.

I guess if you knew that the first two stators would be wasted money, it would look like a better strategy. Crap!
Hi there Thumper. Yes, that would be best, but unfortunately a very expensive proposition. By the time I'm done, it would be almost (a used) 04-08 YFZ450 price, for a china made 250. I also have 2 250cc Hawk engines, but that is besides the point. I also have 2 ATC200X trikes. They all use the same engine mounting points.

I have not had much luck with the last recommended source by dirtbkr188, which I must say, looked very promising. After texting all the required info, I got a reply the next day. They said they have it in stock. Awesome! Then I asked for the price, $45.00, they said they had in stock. I asked again for a shipped price, I got a response 2 days later, priced almost doubled, no info on payment method. Well, they said they had it. I replied to please send me the payment methods, their answer the next day: we accept Zelle and C.C payment; no info on where to send payment, no cel; no name, no acc. number, nothing. I replied to please send me the info so I can pay the right person/business/entity. I also asked if fitment was guaranteed and what would happen if it did not fit. Asked this twice. No reply.
That's where I'm at. Not very encouraging. Yet, I'm still hopeful.

Not great. What do you guys think???

TORKER.

Old 02-22-2023, 10:51 AM   #35

Yup. Well, you are looking at ~$400 plus shipping for a new engine.
Maybe there is a used engine, or NOS

Check this thread (post #5). Could this fit?
https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=32302

Old 02-22-2023, 12:34 PM   #36

Most likely it will fit, that one looks like it's a counterbalanced engine. I have 2 of the pushrod motors I can just swap. But it's a pushrod engine and for me that's a big deal. I know lots of folks are OK with that, or even prefer the pushrod motors. I however do not. There's a reason for that, but I don't want this thread to be derailed and become a pushrod-vs-OHC thing.
I'm just trying to find a stator.
And I appreciate all the help you guys have provided and I've explored all the options that have come up that are not swapping an entire engine. Yet there has been no solution to a simple stator replacement.

And that is exactly the reason a lot of folks don't buy china bikes. We had a good thing going, a growing "small bore racing league" that we started for 300cc or less ATV's. Mainly because it grouped most chinese ATV's that could be raced and some Japanese made, like the Honda 300EX, 250X, Yamaha Raptor 250 and some others. But it's falling apart due to, mostly, unreliable and not trust worthy sales people or companies that do not back or know the products.

Some of the ATV'S that would regularly show up are:

-Pentora 250 (about 4-5) I myself have 2 of them (Aprox. 348 wet lbs).
-Kayo Jackal 200 (1-2) (Aprox. 364 dry lbs)
-Mad Max 250 (1-2) this thing is wide! (Aprox. 425 wet lbs)
-RPS Tornado (3-4) ((Aprox. dry 368lbs)
-Kawasaki Mojave 250 (2-4 from a local group. These are old and competitive.)
Also like 6-8 older TaoTao 200's and some ATA 250 C's (which I just got one) and the guys race them without a care in the world and have broken every part imaginable on those things. They have a junker of them and always come back ready to race (safety wise) and ready to break something else.
And some TRX's and Can-Am so on and so forth.
Pretty sure you get the idea. But without parts support it's hard to keep doing these without going to a Japanese brand where you can get the correct parts all year round without missing a beat, regardless of how old (there's an 87 TRX 250x) and be competitive. Of the china made bikes the Pentora and the Jackal are clearly faster. Both have OHC engines (even when the Jackal has a smaller engine). The Tornado is not bad, but it struggles greatly to keep up with the Jackal and Pentora 250. These is what we've seen consistently, others may have different experiences. And that is the main reason behind me wanting to stick with the Pentora.
It's all about having fun and making new friends. But also important is to create and develop sport parts for the ATV'S that people don't know can be very, very good.
Some of us are old racers that don't need or want to go to a 450 and have the people get the old china quads and race them, others just want to go fast on what they have, without being judged, that and a good family made BBQ where everyone has fun and exchage ideas and how to solve problems on these things. It's not MX, wherever we go we make a course a race around it for sport and fun and the kids in their respective turn and class (200-300cc), (125 ish- 110), (90cc and under). A good condition, properly fastened helmet at the least. Tons of fun.
Hopefully I can keep this going.
Sorry about the long post, but I wanted to vent.

TORKER

Last edited by TORKER; 02-22-2023 at 01:48 PM.

Old 02-22-2023, 03:37 PM   #37

Those are not counterbalanced but yes, pushrod.

Old 02-22-2023, 05:06 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Those are not counterbalanced but yes, pushrod.
You're right the new engines on the post are not counterbalanced. I was referring to the engine installed on the bike. It has something different where the front engine mount is, that looks like a counterbalanced engine. But I've been incorrect before.

TORKER.

Old 02-22-2023, 05:17 PM   #39

Ok, a STATOR update: After days of texting the person referred on another post as selling OEM VITACCI parts (who does not identify him\herself, super sketchy) He has send me some information on payment, and pics with what looks to be the correct part.
Now the current situation: Payment thru Zelle are not protected, I don't know the person and payment did NOT go thru. Super sketchy at best. I've asked the seller to take a paypal payment and I'll be happy to cover the fees. We've all done it before.
But transaction still not completed...

We'll see.

TORKER

Old 02-22-2023, 07:02 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORKER View Post
You're right the new engines on the post are not counterbalanced. I was referring to the engine installed on the bike. It has something different where the front engine mount is, that looks like a counterbalanced engine. But I've been incorrect before.

TORKER.
Good luck on the safe payment
I am waiting for an vendor on AliExpress to respond with a return label (successful dispute mediated by the host (AliExpress). The host promises refund in full if the vendor doesn't respond. I suspect that vendor is having a fire sale and will be changing their business name soon.
I just hope AliExpress follows through on the refund.

Yes, I agree that thing on the front of the crankcase is the counterbalance housing. That is where it is on my 223cc ZS "250" on my Bashan Storm. My 5speed Templar X has the non-counterbalanced version of the 72mm bore 249cc true 250 (ZS172FMM-3A). It shakes the bike a bit more than the counterbalanced version (ZS172FMM-5), which is a 6 speed engine. But the 5 speed is spunkier. I kind of like it!

Last edited by Thumper; 02-22-2023 at 07:38 PM.

Old 02-26-2023, 09:28 AM   #41

I thought I update this with what's, well, not going on. As it looks, at this point, the person (never identify him/herself) selling OEM VITACCI parts never came thru. I asked many times about a payment method, since the Zelle payment did not work for him, even when they said they'd take Zelle. They said they also took C.C. but regardless of how many texts I sent, info was never sent. There were no returns if part did not fit either. Is it as Scammer? I'm not sure. He did sent me pics of the correct part, I don't know what to think. But beware. I also tried calling the number, 1(857)703-6009, but no answer.
If you try the person, I hope you have better luck. I would not touch it with a 10' pole, way to sketchy. Maybe you'll have better luck. It looks like the chinese powersport industry is full of very sketchy characters in general, with only a few reliable sources, that unfortunately, don't have the parts nor are willing to help.

So, still no stator and no viable leads. I'd stay away of VITACCI products or Vitacci company.

Next step is to try and change the complete electrical system, if I can find one with a 30mm pick-up trigger. If I can't find any I'll sell everything china made bike and quad I've got and go back to a Japanese brand name, regardless of how old it is, heck, I can still race any of my HONDA 200x's. Kawasaki Mojave's are old, fast and inexpensive (for what we do). Take this with a grain of salt. It has been my very, very bad personal experience. Sad.

TORKER.

Old 02-26-2023, 10:13 AM   #42

I'm sorry to hear that my reference to that thread didn't work out for you, is there any possibility of making up a pulse trigger bracket with 30mm c-to-c holes for any of the 35mm stators you may still have?

Is the 30mm the main issue?

Old 02-26-2023, 12:55 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that my reference to that thread didn't work out for you, is there any possibility of making up a pulse trigger bracket with 30mm c-to-c holes for any of the 35mm stators you may still have?

Is the 30mm the main issue?
I took one of the 35mm trigers and tried to re-drill it after I established the right place, so timing was correct, but even on my drill press couldn't make the holes precisely. That stator also has the wires coming in a way that it would not fit correctly without rerouting some wires.
And yes, the 30mm bolt spacing is the main issue. The right stator is available with a 35mm pickup coil. And I have a spare 1. Just no pick up coil. I ordered a banshee pickup coil, as soon as it gets here I'll get to work on it and see what happens.

TORKER.

Old 02-26-2023, 12:57 PM   #44

Suggestions and ideas are always welcome.

Old 02-26-2023, 01:27 PM   #45

Is there enough metal on a 35mm pickup bracket to use a chain saw chain file and elongate the holes inward, to 30mm? If so, you could then grind off the extra metal from both ends and use blue loc-tite to bolt it in place.

Like so...

Last edited by dirtbkr188; 02-26-2023 at 02:05 PM.