Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2022, 03:37 PM   #1

Hawk 250 speed cable issues

What's going on everyone. Lately I had to reroute my speedo cable do to the cable getting wrapped around my horn, now my cable is damage and I would like to replace it what are my options, I have not purchased the digital cluster at this time not really sure if I will either. Thanks

Old 05-03-2022, 11:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondaRyder221 View Post
What's going on everyone. Lately I had to reroute my speedo cable do to the cable getting wrapped around my horn, now my cable is damage and I would like to replace it what are my options, I have not purchased the digital cluster at this time not really sure if I will either. Thanks
pm me. but I'm really happy with the Zanella cluster and recommend it.
To whoever stole my anti-depressants.
I Hope Your Happy !

Old 05-04-2022, 08:29 AM   #3

Ditch the stock cluster and go digital. It will be more accurate and the tach is nice to have.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-15-2022, 12:10 PM   #4

My stock cable made it 2001 miles before the cable started to go and made the speedo bounce. Shame I had just confirmed it was only 2mph off at 60. Bought the Zanella, love the added tach and digital speed. Have the TBR7, set for a 17" wheel, only off by 1 mph.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrytour View Post
My stock cable made it 2001 miles before the cable started to go and made the speedo bounce. Shame I had just confirmed it was only 2mph off at 60. Bought the Zanella, love the added tach and digital speed. Have the TBR7, set for a 17" wheel, only off by 1 mph.
How was the fitment? I plan on buying one for my project but didn’t wanna waste the money if there would be complications mounting it.

Old 05-23-2022, 08:29 AM   #6

The zanella mounts exactly the same. It also uses the same connectors. There's an unused plug near the battery box that the dash uses for gear indication.

The only wiring I had to do was splice in the tach signal wire outside the connector. I did it last year and I think I soldered it, but you could use one of the snap together splice connectors. That went a little beyond the instructions, but it's better than stuffing the pin in the back of the connector and taping it like the instructions say.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyrigged View Post
How was the fitment? I plan on buying one for my project but didn’t wanna waste the money if there would be complications mounting it.
Had to change a couple of wires around because cluster is made for hawk not tbr7, just took the pins out of the connector and swapped them around. I cut and butt connected the old gear selector harness to the new gear selector harness to keep the stock connection at the steering neck. Tach wire I was able to attach at an empty connector pin at the steering neck. Fitment in place of old speedo is as if it were factory fitment.