Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #1

Anybody knows what this plug is for?

I found this plug hang under the gas tank but not attaching to anything since I got this unit used and have no idea what its for anyone can help will be very much appreciated.

It has six contacts also anyone knows where I can find a schematic diagram for this unit?

It's a 110cc automatic.

This is the unit I got:

And here's some pics of the plug I am talking about:

Old 08-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #2

Hey chap, that's bizarre it's just not connected to anything.

Can you trace it back to see what it connects to at the other end?

Old 08-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #3

I assume the quad is running OK, and therefor nothing critical is missing. I'm guessing it is a plug for a remote start/stop unit.

On a lot of quads wired with remote start/stop modules the quad works differently when the remote module is disconnected: The ignition switch no longer will stop the engine when turned off - you have to use a kill switch. Can you kill your engine using only the ignition switch?

Old 08-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #4

LynnEdwards,

It is currently in non-running condition I got it cheap as a fixer upper / winter project and I can't get it start due to the stripped spark plug thread.

Also, I check the remote start / alarm system and it seems in working condition so it might not be part of it.

Turbo T,

I think I might do that because I have a 110cc mini hummer for my son (we bought new last x'mas) and I can probably compare both wiring and see where the heck this plug connects to.

Do you think this model (I think they call it "Tiger") has the same wiring system as the mini hummer?

I have sparks so I assume this is not one of the reason why I couldn't start it so more investigation is require.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #5

Does it have a headlight? Brake light switch on the brake pedal? Light switch? Maybe there was signal lights or something that were removed?

Old 08-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #6

My first inclination was it was out of the rectifier or CDI box, but if you have spark that cannot be the case.

I'm not sure if the mini hummer would share the same wiring, it would probably be similar. I more meant trace those wires back into that unit, to see where they plug into on that machine. It could very well be either of the two previous explanations. Quite frankly, it doesn't make much sense to be much else in my mind, if you have spark.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #7

Thank you guys for the help!

It make sense because I have seen another model (same frame size) has turn signal and it might be it because I have check the rectifier , cdi were all in place.

Turbo T,

Do you think a stripped plug thread will stop it from stating?

Although I don't have a compression tester but I did remove the spark plug from my good one (110cc mini hummer) and use my thumbs to cover the hole to compare both motors and they both seems to have equal compression (I know not 100% accurate but from the feeling of my thumb they both are close enough).

I have priced out a place locally willing to drill out and install a heli-coil for $30 but I have to remove the head and take it to them and I am still trying to price out what's the the cheapest cost to buy a new head.

Any idea?

Old 08-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcamno

Turbo T,

Do you think a stripped plug thread will stop it from stating?
The quick answer is yes.

The longer answer will be because a cylinder builds pressure while the piston fills up the space, any kind of air leak and there will be no pressure... stripped threads create that air leak.

$30 for a Heli Coil install is not too bad. If you buy a new head you will still need to transfer parts (Valves/springs etc) and I think you might get a bit frustrated with that without a head stand, spring compressor, and little magnets and screwdrivers for the valve keepers.

I think your only concern taking off the head would be gaskets. You may be able to re-use them if you're careful, but it's likely they should be replaced and I don't know where you would source them.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #9

Maybe you should hit john a reply for parts. Maybe you should take the cylinder head from your other 110cc and try it on the broken atv.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #10

Can't you use this: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-M6-X-1-00-OE...d=p3286.c0.m14

Old 08-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #11

Thank again Turbo T for you explanation and that make sense.

Yozalo,

Who is John anyway, how to contact him?

I thought about swapping the head for a moment but decided not to because I am worry that I might mess up both motors and ended up with two dead ATV :wink:

The sparking plug thread is M10 with 1.0 pitch so that kit won't work.

I have checked ebay and the cheapest thread repair kit is around $40US plus I have never done this before so I rather have someone to it if they can.

Turbo T,

The shop said they might be able to drill it out and install the heli-coil without the head remove from the engine but they want to look at it first.

What would you suggest?

Do you think it is better off to let them do it with the head in place or should I remove the head and take it to them?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcamno
Thank again Turbo T for you explanation and that make sense.

Turbo T,

The shop said they might be able to drill it out and install the heli-coil without the head remove from the engine but they want to look at it first.

What would you suggest?

Do you think it is better off to let them do it with the head in place or should I remove the head and take it to them?
That is a pretty dicey idea in my mind. I'd question where the shavings and the insertion tab that is normally broke off at the bottom of a helicoil is going to go?? They may be able to fit the tooling into the hole, and install the insert, but everything will fall into the cylinder...and I bet they won't warranty the motor if it carves up the cylinder walls.

Do you know who the maker of that 110cc is? It doesn't look like a Gio. More like a tao tao.

..and Yozalo was meaning John who is the owner of giobikes.com, he's good for part support of his own product. Not sure what you have there is a Gio though.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:54 AM   #13

Have a look at this ATV and let me know if you think this is what you have.

You can also look around the frame for what should be a manufacturers tab/information piece. Should tell you a model number etc. Might help you source the correct parts for any gaskets you may need.

http://www.canadattatv.com/ATA110-H-H4.html

Old 08-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #14

Thanks again Turbo T,

That's a good point about metal shavings drop into the cylinder I think I have to ask them again.

It's not a Tao Tao and I know the previous owner bought it from AWI in Toronto and here's what I got:

http://www.abibaba.ca/xcart/product....0&cat=3&page=1

I will check the VIN # plate tonight and see what's on there.

I thing I do know is its a 110cc with the top mount starter.

Also, not sure if the previous owner change the stator or stator cover its said "Kazuma" on the cover but I doubt its a Kazuma brand because he gave me the bill of sale (receipt) from AWI when he bought it from them in April this year so I am pretty sure either he did it himself or someone work on the bike has change that cover to a Kazuma one.

Just found it on the web:

http://www.lianmeigroup.com/products_details.php?id=101

Old 08-31-2009, 01:50 PM   #15

A lot of the parts are interchangeable so that is possible.

I'm just wondering about the motor, if it's a Zong, Loncin or Lifan. Could narrow down your search for any gaskets if you need them.