Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #1

Keihin PZ27 replacement float?

My son's V-Bike 250T has a Keihin PZ27 carb on it. The other day, it began running real rich and fuel started to drip constantly from the bowl overflow. We tore into it and found that one of the floats has a hole in it.

I've researched what model of Japanese bike might have the same carb and it seems like a lot of XL/XR125-185 models might have had, however nobody around here carries the floats for them. If they did, the price is greater than $30.00.

Should I look for the float or should I just go with one of the Ebay 30mm Mikuni models that run less than $50.00? I'm leaning toward the Mikuni, but how difficult will it be to get the right size jets? What size jet would be right?

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #2

Hey chap..

Not sure what the best route to go for you would be, but I did want to point out I have this brand carb on my YZ 250F. I don't know if it's the same model but perhaps you can broaden your search by calling some Yamaha dealers to see if they can get you the part you need. Since it's on their bikes might be a shot.

-TT

Old 09-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #3

Is the hole in the float fixable ?, if plastic you could melt some new plastic over the hole, if it's a brass one you could solder the hole shut, just a thought.