Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #1

Speed/rev limiter

alright time to remove the thrill killer. I ride a 05 roketa rts 250WW. Iv swapped the stock Pz30 with a mikuni 30mm with bigger slow an mains and have a 44 mm airfilter as oppose to the 42mm stock size filter. Yet the rev/ speed (not sure which) will allow faster acceleration and throttle response due to the upgrades but the limiter still wont let me pull more speed or peg out higher rs. So how do I remove the limiter? All I want is a little more speed

Old 12-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Tvnacman
what kind of ignition is it , can you post a picture of the ignition and the plug ? I may have an answer .
it has a cdi in the link below is cdi's so you know what to look for .
http://www.testedscooterparts.com/ad...sort=3a&page=2

John

Old 12-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #3

Im not to sure. Its a stock cdi coil plug wires. I am running ngk plug though. I dont have pics off hand an its too dark but first thing in the am ill take some. Any other info I can get you to helo narrow it down such as part numbers off the cdi or such? An is there any fylly programable units I can upgrade that to hat wont limit my speed. But id like to have a stand alone redline limiter. im not sure how the ignition systems work on the newer 4 strokes iv only delt with pre 80s 2 stroke systems

Old 12-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #4

Welcome 73scoutII (one of the coolest trucks ever)!

If you have a pushrod motor, be careful about wringing it out; they shouldn't be rev'd to the moon. Depending upon whether your CDI is AC or DC, there are programmable units available through Taobao, like this one: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.12.gkWRtV&id=18472449050&a d_id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=

View it in Google Chrome, and allow it to translate for you. It works out to just under $10.00 US + shipping.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome 73scoutII (one of the coolest trucks ever)!

If you have a pushrod motor, be careful about wringing it out; they shouldn't be rev'd to the moon. Depending upon whether your CDI is AC or DC, there are programmable units available through Taobao, like this one: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.12.gkWRtV&id=18472449050&a d_id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=

View it in Google Chrome, and allow it to translate for you. It works out to just under $10.00 US + shipping.
If 60 yen = about $10 us not bad but how much is shipping and how long does it take ? I could not figure out to set up an account . I don't read Chinese .

John

Old 12-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #6

Cdi a/c or d/c

To check what cdi you have ... you have to check & see if you have 12 volt dc power to the cdi... check out for a pic of a cdi and you will see what wire has the power.... otherwise you will blow the cdi and have to get the right one.. there are many sites on the net in the USA or ebay ... instead of ordering of shore... pm me and I can tell you of some incase you do not know of any.. they can be around $20- $30.00 for the performance ones... I think sometimes they do not really help as a lot of time they end up blowing your motor running so hot... but fun is fun... if you wan t top end change your gearing for max speed..

Old 12-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvnacman View Post
If 60 yen = about $10 us not bad but how much is shipping and how long does it take ? I could not figure out to set up an account . I don't read Chinese .

John
Set up a free account at www.taobaotrends.com, and they'll act as an agent for you for a small fee. The shipping is cheap, and it can get to you in two to 10 days, depending upon which shipping method you choose. If you choose EMS (mail), it will take longer but probably be cheaper.

Again, use Google Chrome so that you can read the details. The people at www.taobaotrends.com speak English.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #8

Ok do I simple unplug the harness and test the leads with a meter? An I dont nessesarilly want a performance cdi I just dont want my speed governed. An to be able to tune in for diffrent riding would be nice like s plug an tune bullys unit for a truck.cooling is next on my list as im in the high dessert at the base of the sierra nevadas so summer heat is s big issue. I fried my honda 400 last summer so if you can poing me in the direction of good highflow waterpumps an fans with kickass cfm ratings im all ears. Is it safe to run dexcool in these chinese motors? Cause my brothers yamaha hates it but a ffiend of ours runs it in his kawasaki an it loves the stuff. An thank you weld yea I havr to agree shes my baby an my daily driver execpt I have a 345 industrial I took out of a international bus an dana 44s with a 15ton vicking whinch up front

Old 12-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #9

we can figure out what type cdi is in there if we can see it .

John

Old 12-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #10

Hey guys sorry its been a few days. Lifes been hectic an the computer crashed so im on my phone.cant seem to add pics on here but I have some I can email.the cdi box is a single 6 pin plug type an has lithua stamped on it. An a buddy of mine has a 250 with a pz27 carb hes asked me to pull an clean down so can anyone point me to a doenloadable manual for it? Id rather have a manual to go off incase of any confusion or wrong adjustments. An thanks guys yall are awsome and I highly appreciate your time help an advice. Rock on my brothers in mud