Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2022, 09:45 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Vader carb jetting

hi all ....curious what jets you guys are running for the 22 series upgraded carb.

from my research I have found some "sea level" folks run 100-105 main and (edit) 20 pilot??? With fuel screw 2 turns out on the bottom. Needle clip on the bottom notch ???

ALSO: what plug are you guys running and what is the stock unit? I like to run NGK plugs for reliability. I would like a NGK for my upcoming Vader.

please share your elevation/weather along with your jetting experience. Thanks!!

Last edited by noddagrom; 03-21-2022 at 01:09 AM.

Old 03-23-2022, 04:38 PM   #2

Haven’t swapped the carb. My Vader BD125-10 came with
a “LG A7RTC” spark plug.

Old 03-25-2022, 01:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyders View Post
Haven’t swapped the carb. My Vader BD125-10 came with
a “LG A7RTC” spark plug.
thank you ! replacement is NGK 4549 , also cr7hsa

Old 03-25-2022, 02:01 AM   #4

NEW INFO

the chinese "vm22" version carb is a little weird on the jets

I ordered some keihein jets, PWK style. ya that was a mistake LOL. the pilot jet is way different. the base of it is very thin, as well as the threading.

I found a jet I believe will work. The "style" is from mikuni vm28. they come as 10.0 to 37.5 . if the jets fit I will confirm here.

the main jet appears to be the same. it is the "larger" circular head jet, that screws into the top. it is measured as 8mm.

I think I am going to start with a 20 pilot and 105 main. vm22 needles, clip on the bottom slot. fuel screw 2 turns out. motor will be stock cc with vm22 and full exhaust. I'll let you all know what happens !

Old 03-28-2022, 10:45 PM   #5

new update

the amazon VM22 is a decent carb. first note: do not touch the jets that come with the carb. They provide plenty of fuel. In fact, the pilot jet looks plenty big. I tried other jets, nothing worked well BUT the jets that came with the VM.

secondly, I messed up with the VM22 install. I used the old Vader "slide cap" (sits on top of the carb). when I started the bike, it immediately revved to the moon. it was holding the needle open. you must remove the old slide cap, and use the new spring/cap that comes with the VM22. Also, use the new VM22 slide with the kit. The spring has much less tension.

The slide installs only "one way". just make sure after install you can twist the throttle and feel a nice smooth roll. you will know if it's installed backwards. for the intake elbow, you will need longer bolts. I went to the hardward store and got 2 new bolts. they are standard 1/4", and length is 1.25" long. also get 1/4" nuts to match.

I put the needle clip on the very bottom, this is the richer setting. with the fuel mix screw, I put about 2 turns out. I am idling a tad high, so I ordered the "extended" needle knob for easy idle adjustment. make sure its warm before adjusting the idle.

the VM also deletes the choke adjustment at the handlebar. no big deal. it also deletes the petcock for the fuel shut off. I went to the hardware store in the lawn mower section and bought a new fuel on/off valve. Dont forget brane new fuel lines that are ethanol approved. also get a brand new fuel filter.

make sure to delete the fuel tank air canister. it will cause issues. also re route the crankcase hose, and cap it off with a 12mm breather hose. I mounted mine at 90 degrees upright and zip tied it.

I have the VM22 mounted so the air filter is pointed toward the front caliper. This way you are getting maximum air flow.

Overall I think the VM22 and emissions delete is a great improvement over stock. She starts very easily and I can easily rev it without any bogging.

vm22: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

fuel adjuster : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M2CBOIN...t_details&th=1

Old 05-27-2022, 01:12 PM   #6

mixture screw won't fit

noddagrom,

I got that same carb and fuel mixture screw from amazon. I got the carb on...but I can't get the fuel mixture screw in...there isn't any room for it.

Did you get yours on? and if you did...could you post a pic or tutorial on how to do it?

thank you