Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2019, 12:04 PM   #1

125cc (Shandong LZ125-6) oil and hoses

Hi and thank you for looking into this post! Just bought a used 125cc ATV (picture attached) with an unknown history. After carb cleaning and battery jump was able to get it to ride. Noticed oil dripping out (only while the motor is running, higher RPM heavier the drip) form a square hole at the bottom of the engine (pictures attached with the hole circled in red). Any idea why is that and how to solve it?

Also, few hoses look like they were supposed to connect to something but are not, trying to figure out what goes where. One under the seat looks like a battery acid drain hose, is it (picture attached and circled in red)?

The other hose is located near the front on the right side, looks like it has a some kind of a valve on it (black cylinder about 1” in diameter and 3” in length, circled in red. The other end of that hose is connected to the exhaust pipe.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7623.jpg (86.9 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7622.jpg (92.5 KB, 288 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7621.jpg (91.4 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5543.jpg (92.0 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by d124716; 05-29-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:56 PM   #2

1st picture looks like carburetor overflow or drain hose. You'll have two carburetor hoses that aren't connected to anything because they're drains.

Second picture looks like the catch can for the crankcase breather hose. You can replace this with a long run of 3/4 hose and attach a mini filter to the end, this just let's the pressure out of the crankcase but it's essential so don't cap it off. It should be connected to the intake filter (epa) but performance or aftermarket filters won't have a fitting.

The square hole I can't help you with, need better pictures.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:44 AM   #3

1st picture looks like the hose was plugged into the crank case breather port, but there is another hose plugged into it that I assume is going to the air filter.

2nd picture looks like it is an emission part. Both of my bikes that have those plastic tubes, and one end does not plug into anything. If it was me I would leave it as is. In picture #2 it does look like you are missing a bolt on your side cover.

3rd picture I just checked My Apollo, and Coolser 125cc atv, and both have that same rectangular hole in the head. Any idea how much oil is in the engine? Not sure why oil would be leaking from there.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #4

hoses

ok... the hoses here are for your overflow from you carb … incase the float gets stuck and prevents it from filling your crankcase.... the next pic is the anti back fire system... if you muffler gets plugged or you have a backfire... it release the exhaust pressure out of this valve.... SAFETY FEATURE... the next pic of the hole … IS A CASTING RELIEF.. stick a object in it and you will see it go thru the casting and out t he other side.... nothing to worry about... see my pics.. as for any oil leaks or so... use 10-40 oil or 15-45 diesel motor oil... they need a heavy oil to run during the spring to fall time... you can use a lighter oil in th e cooler wether…. no synthetic unless it is for WET CLUTCHED.... save money use the other oil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_image2.jpg (88.6 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg image1 (1).jpg (96.0 KB, 196 views)