Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2022, 10:52 AM   #1

Newly purchased Xpro Hawk 250 DLX EFI

Hey y'all! With the ever rising fuel prices of today, I feel like there are going to be many noobies like myself joining these forums and groups. I'm definitely not new to riding, but I am definitely new to the Chinese bike scene. The fact that I couldn't find anything for under $4,000 in my area, plus the insane amount of following for these bikes led me to buying the Xpro Hawk 250 DLX EFI. This bike is mainly going to be used for commuting to work since I have a 55 mile round trip commute daily and normally drive a lifted truck that gets 12 MPG. I'm a diesel mechanic by trade, so tinkering, fabricating and tuning will not scare me off.

Through research of many of the common problems, after assembling, before starting, I upgraded to an NGK spark plug, got a new 45* cone air filter, changed the oil, checked the spokes for tightness, aired up the tires to proper inflation, lubed everything possible, and filled it up with premium fuel. Fired it up and runs like a dream. Took it for a test drive after letting it warm up a little and she rides like a dream, well the dream you can expect for $2,000 lol. I noticed that the bike is definitely geared more like a dirt bike or for off road use, and as I said previously, it is mostly going to be a commuter bike and to play with on the weekends. While riding it home, the bike will do 60 mph, but that is screaming at near redline which I definitely don't like. I ordered up some new sprockets at 17 front and 42 rear tooth. From what I've researched, this should give me more what I am looking for.

Now for a couple of questions. I am considering getting a new rear tire that is more suited for on road use but still a dual sport tire. Stock size rear tire is 110/90-18. Does anyone know if a 130/80-18 will fit the factory wheel for one, and if it does, if it will fit on the bike without any issues. The 130/80-18 is just under 1/2" taller and just under 3/4" wider.

Secondly, if anyone has any cheap or simple upgrades to make this bike more reliable, more fun, or improve the power or fuel economy, I'm open to just about anything. Like I said before, tinkering, tuning, and fabricating does not scare me off.

Tags
hawk dlx, newbie, rear tire size fitment, tire fitment, upgrades