Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro

Old 05-27-2022, 06:14 AM   #1

Zongsehn ZS125 GG Buying advice

Dear China Riders,
I want to get into offroad riding on the (very) Cheap and I found a few Zongsehn ZS125 GG’s in Austria each is a bit special. A bit of info on myself I am 16 years old and restricted to an A1 license. Yesterday I found myself in the woods with my KTM duke 125 and it wasn’t a lot of fun to take my street buyest motorcycle offroad later that day I borrowed a Beta 125 from a buddy, and it was so much fun riding in the woods that I now want to try off-roading. I will not sell my Duke this would be a secondary bike. My budget is very limited because I have to save up for my A2 bike, So I have to keep it around the 500 Euro mark.

This is the first and my favorite candidate.
https://www.willhaben.at/iad/gebrauc...uro-566667974/

The description says:
//Starts easily
Only kickstart
Battery replaced with a capacitor
Brake lines new
Brake fluid new
Blinkers new
Ignition coil/ignition cable new
Flasher relay new
Pastry bridge present (original)
Odometer reading shows 60 km.... of course that's not true.... the speedometer cable was defective when I bought it.
actually everything done, pickerl (yearly inspection) possible for an extra charge (he told me 150euro witch I won’t pay bc its only 50 euro and rest is “transport”)
Prepared it for me... but it's too weak for me
Tires old but good... not cracked

fixed price (just no I will be lowballing I decide to buy it)
No Guarantee or Warranty (of course it’s used)
//

A lot has been done to this bike but I like it ppl on discord serves have told me that the reliability will be crap. I will not drive too far away from base bc I live near an endless amount of mountains to climb and even if I have free roadside assistance everywhere (Öamtc Schutzbrief). He also told me that the parts to back build the battery into it are still around. It's also a rescue bike and he is just the second owner it was standing in a garage for some time.

This is the second candidate.
https://www.willhaben.at/iad/gebrauc...uro-570337388/

had Pickerl (yearly inspection) for last 4 years but not anymore which makes it seems like somethings wrong its also out of budget so I would have to bargain more than I am comfortable

This is the third candidate.
https://www.willhaben.at/iad/gebrauc...rad-563011098/

description just says good condition
and it’s out of budget

My concerns are parts availability for a bike that’s nearly as old as me. Obviously, reliability is also an unknown. Its just that I am uncertain if an 500 euro bike gets me 500 euro of fun. I also want to learn more about bikes so the occasional breakdown is more or less welcome and not to bad bc I would still have my second bike.

I am happy to receive any input on my complicated matter and if someone wants to se me on my duke 125 in the woods I am happy to share the video.

Last edited by Jakob; 05-27-2022 at 08:21 AM.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:17 AM   #2

Number 3 seems the better pick. I don't think a luggage box is worth the 100+euro.

The first option is cheaper...but the tires are trash. Not sure what the spoke wraps are hiding. If you like it then it might be a good fixer...but don't be surprised if you have to start spending more money on it.

Number 3 just looks fresher/cleaner. If the engine is a CG125 clone then it should be reliable enough.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:34 AM   #3

Thanks for the response. I didn’t think too much about the tires, but I will definitely look what they would cost I also didn’t find a lot of info on the bike, so I don’t know what size they are. I could make a daytrip to look at the motorcycle (gas would cost about 30-45 euros). Also, if I could convince him to too the inspection for cheap, I can drive it guaranteed for at least 14 months. Its also 1st going offroad and 2nd learning to fix bikes. What are your suggested prices for the other ones all are about the same distance away from me and I could ask both to too the yearly inspection so I will only buy them if they have it.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:17 PM   #4

I agree with XLsior on the order of best to worst. The third one does appear to be the best of the three in terms of condition. The first one looks like a bike that the original owner beat up some and put away, this owner bought and did some work to get it riding again. It's possible most of the issues are resolved, but you don't know what else is possibly still going to be an issue. I personally have no issue with the second one other than it being the most expensive. It may not have had the inspection done simply because they are not using the vehicle anymore.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:15 PM   #5

I don't know your market economy.
I know that in my case tire prices and availability have become worse on both counts.
A set of new front and back 21/18 with tubes is over $250 AUD for me.

If the first bike is a 2006 and the tire are original that means they're 16 years old.
The front guard shows its had a few knocks and spills in its life, the faded seat and rattle can refresh on the bash plate are telling....I cant see the condition of the chain and sprockets. But they might also need to be replaced...

As a first time learner bike the first option might be good if you are prepared to put in the time...

The 3rd option to me just looks like piece of mind and less work upfront which might pay for itself.

Tags
adv, advice, advices, buying, zongshen