PDA

View Full Version : Viva 110cc ATV wont start

ratboy
07-24-2007, 09:12 PM
My friend purchased a Viva 110 ATV for his kids. They rode it for a few weeks and now it wont start. When you hit the starter button the startor relay makes a noise but that is it. We put the battery on a trickel charger thinking that the battery might be low but that did not seem to do any good. I also swaped out the starter relay with one from a honda cb550 that looked almost identical and I knew was good and it just made a louder clicking noise. Any thoughts on what to check next.
:evil:

liverchip
07-25-2007, 02:46 AM
Might be a bad battery. You could jump it to verify. Might want to check the ground as well.

AZ200cc
07-25-2007, 11:47 AM
The stock batteries in these are junk, Have the battery tested and it will probably have a bad cell.

NewEnglandTrails
07-25-2007, 03:24 PM
ratboy,

Have you checked to see if the kill switch was reset and or is functioning properly? Tapped the solenoid?

Sounds like a bad battery or ground.. Maybe try a battery charger with the boost mode and see if you get enough power to turn it over..

NET

ratboy
07-25-2007, 11:38 PM
I'll pull one of the batteries out my honda and give it a try. The battery that is in there was put in with zip ties instead of bolts so I bet it was getting bounced around pretty good. I'll let you know what happens with a new battery.

ratboy
07-30-2007, 09:49 PM
hooked it up to a battery from my honda cb750 and it started right up - thanks

NewEnglandTrails
07-31-2007, 04:25 PM
ratboy,

Psyched to hear you got it started. You can always get a $23 battery from walmart to replace the stock battery... I've had to replace two out of three batteries... from my MIC (made in China) products.

Also of note... if you ever have the occasion to charge these batteries make sure you use a charger capable of 2 amps... anything higher will shorten the life of the battery..

NET

AZ200cc
07-31-2007, 11:10 PM
Almost always something real simple with these, Glad to hear You got it running.

molypod
08-15-2007, 02:47 PM
I am in the same boat now except the battery is good..

I thought it was a battery problem but I switched batteries with my GY and the battery started the GY just fine and my good Battery from the GY won't start the ATV.

when you push the start button it just "clicks" near the relay and won't turn over. Sounds like when you have a bad solenoid in a car circuit.

liverchip
08-15-2007, 04:58 PM
First thing I would check is the ground.

molypod
08-15-2007, 10:14 PM
After a couple frustrating hours I took it back to the dealer who found that the starter was gone.. ( it was full of moisture) He put a new one in and voila! all is good. thanks to the warranty all free of charge.

pedez2000
08-27-2007, 05:17 PM
we just started this if you need parts we are working on it but if you need something just email us http://sunlparts.net/ http://roketaparts.net/
http://sunl-parts.com/

DesertDog
04-19-2008, 09:14 AM
My friend purchased a Viva 110 ATV for his kids. They rode it for a few weeks and now it wont start. When you hit the starter button the startor relay makes a noise but that is it. We put the battery on a trickel charger thinking that the battery might be low but that did not seem to do any good. I also swaped out the starter relay with one from a honda cb550 that looked almost identical and I knew was good and it just made a louder clicking noise. Any thoughts on what to check next.
:evil:
hey rat,
you've almost had that 110cc a yr now how'z it runnin for you,
i sell the viva 110's
give me some feed back, so far my customers are happy,
DesertDog