PDA

View Full Version : Look this!

Lifanrider
02-19-2008, 06:12 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-HI-BIRD-250cc-MOTOCYCLE-FREE-S-H-DISCOUNT-OFFER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40021QQihZ011QQit emZ320218238265

pretty cool aint it?

culcune
02-19-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm not a big fan of that bike. From the same seller, I would rather get this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290206184378&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=320218238265&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&usedrule2=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo%3DDR%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3 DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D3

rich_e
02-19-2008, 08:37 PM
I like the classic look of standard. I've been thinking about the LF200III, it's about the same price (+100 to 200) but now that I've seen that Hi-Bird....

Did you notice the 12,500 redline on the tach? I don't think I'd want to spin it that fast. Yikes!

http://i8.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/da/12/c47b_12.JPG

almonpoole
02-19-2008, 08:51 PM
These bikes are very similar to a fairing-less LF200-III with a few more cc's, 37 to be exact which makes like 1.5 hp more than the 163fml (I think??)

It would be an interesting little bike to mod or just have for running around town I think.

The price is right as well.

Almon

mrhyak
02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
The fake dual-exhaust kills it for me..... It is a single cylinder bike with 2 exhaust pipes (duh).

rich_e
02-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Why in the heck do they bother with the expense and weight of the extra pipe? The weight alone would probably offset any performance increase. It looks like the cylinder has two ports on it, so you can't just pull one pipe off.

It does look like an OHC (judging by the access holes in the valve cover) though. It don't see any indication of a counter-balancer.

tcs
02-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Why in the heck do they bother with the expense and weight of the extra pipe?

Ask Suzuki. They've used the same set-up on their single cylinder GZ250 for years.

tcs

olds_cool
02-19-2008, 09:31 PM
I've seen Hi-Bird's online. Don't know much about them. In any event, both of those bikes have kick start. Are they REALlY 250's? Those engine look more like 150cc's to me...

Buyingchina
02-19-2008, 10:25 PM
I have the LF200 163 FML and also a 250 167 FML V-Bike.

In fact the 200 looks small side by side to the 250, Those E-bay pictures can be deceiving.

Lifanrider
02-21-2008, 10:48 AM
this sucks...now I want that hi-bird AND one of the rocketas.

5star
03-07-2008, 10:13 PM
The funny thing is their is no such thing as a hi-bird. Its called hybrid. All them chinese places call them hi-birds cause they dont know.

5star
03-07-2008, 10:16 PM
I like the classic look of standard. I've been thinking about the LF200III, it's about the same price (+100 to 200) but now that I've seen that Hi-Bird....

Did you notice the 12,500 redline on the tach? I don't think I'd want to spin it that fast. Yikes!

http://i8.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/da/12/c47b_12.JPG

Probably fake. They do it to make it look like the real street bikes which can hit that rpm. Most motors under 450cc wont rev over 9000rpm, And if they do rev over 9000 rpm it is pointless because the power drops off before that. All its doing is over reving. My lf200 went some where around 9000rpm but when it topped out in 5th gear it would only make it to 7000rpm because it didnt have enough power to fully rev 5th gear out.

Jim
03-07-2008, 10:39 PM
The funny thing is their is no such thing as a hi-bird. Its called hybrid. All them chinese places call them hi-birds cause they dont know.

I don't get it... If they call the a hi-bird, then there is such thing as a hi-bird... Just like your parents named you little 5star, now there is such thing as 5star... Or are you saying the factories are naming the bike hybrid, and the resellers are calling them hi-bird? If you are just trying to criticize the chinese translation, I think you should be more careful with your own grammar...

Edit: I've looked at some pictures of the bikes, and they are in fact Hi-Birds, so I don't know what you're getting at.

5star
03-07-2008, 11:11 PM

I don't get it... If they call the a hi-bird, then there is such thing as a hi-bird... Just like your parents named you little 5star, now there is such thing as 5star... Or are you saying the factories are naming the bike hybrid, and the resellers are calling them hi-bird? If you are just trying to criticize the chinese translation, I think you should be more careful with your own grammar...

Edit: I've looked at some pictures of the bikes, and they are in fact Hi-Birds, so I don't know what you're getting at.

That china comps call them hi-birds because they dont know a whole lot about nothing. Their is hybrids not hi-birds. Alot of people that dont know much about engines and stuff pernounce it hi-bird. China comps make up zillions of differant names trying to make the bikes sound mean. Like I have a Lifan LF200. Now I see they call it a "GRX200". As if thats not to make it sound like a gsxr bike. I havent found a place yet that sells a china bike and knows any thing about em. And they use xr200/200x motors which they dont know. The off road bbikes are totaly based off a xr200. I just found a chinees quad. They call it a 450cc and want $5000 for it. I looked at and and it uses a z400 motor and is a z400 clone sept for cheeply built. For the same price you can get a real z400. And the place called it a 450 when infact its a 400. I should buy from the comp and then sue them for falce advertisment.

Jim
03-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Well first of all, I would like to restate that if you want to pick on chinese grammar, you should be more careful with yours... I mean, well, for example:
That china comps call them hi-birds because they dont know a whole lot about nothing

I believe they call the bikes Hi-Birds, it has nothing to with Hybrids, the motors run on gas... Secondly, who thinks a Prius sounds mean?

Your LF200 III (or B?) is the model name that Lifan and American Lifan call it, GRX has nothing to do with them trying to sound like a GSX-R, it is because American Lifan is the only American company allowed to market the bike as a Lifan, the other direct importers HAVE to market them under a different name, GRX's come from Galata/Rabbit/maybe TMS, and Skygo is from Hooper. These are American companies, not "china comps".

It is common place to state that a model is a larger number for the displacement then it is in actuality, I have a Vulcan 800, it is actually 805cc, but quite often they are smaller then it says, in the detailed specs it likely lists the accurate displacement.

It is also common place for a lot of internet Chinese bike "dealers" to fabricate numerous parts of their ad. It isn't right, but a lot of them do it.

5star
03-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Well first of all, I would like to restate that if you want to pick on chinese grammar, you should be more careful with yours... I mean, well, for example:
That china comps call them hi-birds because they dont know a whole lot about nothing

I believe they call the bikes Hi-Birds, it has nothing to with Hybrids, the motors run on gas... Secondly, who thinks a Prius sounds mean?

Your LF200 III (or B?) is the model name that Lifan and American Lifan call it, GRX has nothing to do with them trying to sound like a GSX-R, it is because American Lifan is the only American company allowed to market the bike as a Lifan, the other direct importers HAVE to market them under a different name, GRX's come from Galata/Rabbit/maybe TMS, and Skygo is from Hooper. These are American companies, not "china comps".

It is common place to state that a model is a larger number for the displacement then it is in actuality, I have a Vulcan 800, it is actually 805cc, but quite often they are smaller then it says, in the detailed specs it likely lists the accurate displacement.

It is also common place for a lot of internet Chinese bike "dealers" to fabricate numerous parts of their ad. It isn't right, but a lot of them do it.

Well the cc thing i can see being off by a little. All comps round the number off. yamaha suzuki honda kawi exce. Lik 439cc they call a 450. or 397cc the ycall a 400. But calling a 400 a 450cc is a flat out lie. Actualy since i know the motor it is really 398cc. They would have had to have stroked and bored the motor to get to 450cc. I know what a 450cc suzuki and a 400 look like. Most chinees dealers flat out lie.

Jim
03-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Yes it is true a lot do lie... But the motors aren't actually Yamaha motors, probably copies of, so they are probably slightly different, where is the ad for this bike (quad?)?

culcune
03-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Is this like the "85+ mph..." ads on several dealers' sites for the 200cc enduros? LOL

5star
03-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Yes it is true a lot do lie... But the motors aren't actually Yamaha motors, probably copies of, so they are probably slightly different, where is the ad for this bike (quad?)?

The motors are honda not yamaha. I looked at alot of the motors and their all honda. Their all xr motors. The casing looks a little differant but thats the main differance. Ever ymotor i seen was from a honda xr dirt bike. Then the 450 (400) quad is the only suzuki motor i seen so far. I havnt looked at any of the higher cc motors or the 2 cylinders yet.

ambassador
03-13-2008, 10:45 PM
5star,
Which year XR engines are these copies of???

olds_cool
03-13-2008, 11:59 PM
5Star...do you own a Chinese bike? If so, then why??? ALL the Chinese "comps" lie (according to you)!

No American company has EVER lied! Now isn't that right?

If you believe that, then politicians must love you, dude.

Ever hear of Harley-Davidson? You know..."American Motorcycle". So MANY of their parts are MADE IN CHINA, dude. Take a look in their parts catalog...you'll see. Their forks on just about every single bike has been made in China for YEARS! "American Made"??? THAT'S a lie, dude...and Harley isn't even Chinese....

Oh, btw...the company IS called Hi Bird: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi_Bird

5star
03-20-2008, 07:14 PM
5star,
Which year XR engines are these copies of???

The new ones.
Heres 2006 Lifan 200 motor
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/getdrunk1990/4wheeler387.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/getdrunk1990/4wheeler386.jpg
Now here is 2006 honda xr 200
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e151/pusoy85/misc/Image436.jpg

Look up the honda xr and lifan 200 motor specs. They are the exact same.

5star
03-20-2008, 07:42 PM
5Star...do you own a Chinese bike? If so, then why??? ALL the Chinese "comps" lie (according to you)!

No American company has EVER lied! Now isn't that right?

If you believe that, then politicians must love you, dude.

Ever hear of Harley-Davidson? You know..."American Motorcycle". So MANY of their parts are MADE IN CHINA, dude. Take a look in their parts catalog...you'll see. Their forks on just about every single bike has been made in China for YEARS! "American Made"??? THAT'S a lie, dude...and Harley isn't even Chinese....

Oh, btw...the company IS called Hi Bird: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi_Bird

Most do lie to make them sell better and some dealers dont know and just put down what other comps listed. I have seen some that dont lie or make total mistakes.

Yamaha/honda/suzuki and such dont ever lie. They say the trouth. If they have the fastest motor in its class they say it.

And that comp im sure ment hybrid they just didnt know how to say or spell it and they still probably do not know that.

warrior91
03-20-2008, 10:37 PM

That china comps call them hi-birds because they dont know a whole lot about nothing. Their is hybrids not hi-birds. Alot of people that dont know much about engines and stuff pernounce it hi-bird. China comps make up zillions of differant names trying to make the bikes sound mean. Like I have a Lifan LF200. Now I see they call it a "GRX200". As if thats not to make it sound like a gsxr bike. I havent found a place yet that sells a china bike and knows any thing about em. And they use xr200/200x motors which they dont know. The off road bbikes are totaly based off a xr200. I just found a chinees quad. They call it a 450cc and want $5000 for it. I looked at and and it uses a z400 motor and is a z400 clone sept for cheeply built. For the same price you can get a real z400. And the place called it a 450 when infact its a 400. I should buy from the comp and then sue them for falce advertisment.

Are you for real? This is the best hilbilly routine yet...Wait I bet you are Larry the Cable guy and use 5star as your screen name...
P.S. In my Country 5-Star is a whiskey brand...mabey that says something.

5star
03-20-2008, 11:04 PM

Are you for real? This is the best hilbilly routine yet...Wait I bet you are Larry the Cable guy and use 5star as your screen name...
P.S. In my Country 5-Star is a whiskey brand...mabey that says something.

What I said is true. What do you meen by hilbilly routine? The sue thing I was just saying because it could happen.

kens97sto171
03-27-2008, 11:19 PM
There is a local dealer that has a 200cc version of this bike. it looks to have the counterbalanced engine in it.... It does not have the twin pipes. I posted it already.. He does not have the MSO or title however.. so it would be a PITA to get registered in ohio. The bike looks really nice in person... I especially like the tank...

Ken

olds_cool
04-03-2008, 06:47 PM
This thread is SO good for a laugh. Hey, 5Star....ever been to "Joe-ja"??? You know..that state down south we mistakenly call Georgia?

LightWavePro
04-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Hey guys im new here and I, myself is getting started in china bikes, but I seen this thread and my best friend rides one of these hi-birds so I thought I would throw up some pics of it and give it a little review...First I will throw up some eye candy then talk about it a bit...
SIDE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Light-Wave/DSC_0201.jpg
FRONT
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Light-Wave/DSC_0204.jpg
REAR
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Light-Wave/DSC_0205.jpg
HIM ON IT
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Light-Wave/DSC_0214.jpg
THE HI-BIRD IN ACTION(DRIVING)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Light-Wave/TwisterandBrockonCycle037S.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Light-Wave/TwisterandBrockonCycle045S.jpg

Well ok he has had this bike for about 6 months now and it runs great, its bare bone stock no mods or anything and it has no problem cruising with street traffic. I myself or him(to my knowledge) have taken it on the highway yet so I can not really talk to much about that. Over all it is a great bike for the price, and has really good MPG(depends on weight tho). The only problem that I have found is the blinkers make a beeping sound when turned on(I fixed that for him tho) and there is some problem with his exhaust I think cause it used to sound fine but now it sounds like a go-cart or something...its something thats more annoying then a problem but can definitely be fixed. Hoped this helped some what :D ttyl

~Josh

kczukiman
04-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the pics and review.The bike looks much better then the stock pics.Just a little fyi,the mirrors are on backwards.I did the same thing with my mirrors until it was brought to my attention.

LightWavePro
04-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the pics and review.The bike looks much better then the stock pics.Just a little fyi,the mirrors are on backwards.I did the same thing with my mirrors until it was brought to my attention.

Yea no problem bro :) HAHA wow I can see that now! Thanks I will have to tell him that next time I see him. The dealer must have put them on wrong cause he picked it up directly from the shop. Thanks again

~Josh

kczukiman
04-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Your welcome :wink: and by the way welcome to the forum.

LightWavePro
04-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Thank you very much kind sir :lol: