Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #1

Look this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...mZ320218238265

pretty cool aint it?

Old 02-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #2

I'm not a big fan of that bike. From the same seller, I would rather get this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2BSI%26otn%3D3

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-19-2008, 08:37 PM   #3

I like the classic look of standard. I've been thinking about the LF200III, it's about the same price (+100 to 200) but now that I've seen that Hi-Bird....

Did you notice the 12,500 redline on the tach? I don't think I'd want to spin it that fast. Yikes!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #4

These bikes are very similar to a fairing-less LF200-III with a few more cc's, 37 to be exact which makes like 1.5 hp more than the 163fml (I think??)

It would be an interesting little bike to mod or just have for running around town I think.

The price is right as well.

Almon

Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #5

The fake dual-exhaust kills it for me..... It is a single cylinder bike with 2 exhaust pipes (duh).
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 02-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #6

Why in the heck do they bother with the expense and weight of the extra pipe? The weight alone would probably offset any performance increase. It looks like the cylinder has two ports on it, so you can't just pull one pipe off.

It does look like an OHC (judging by the access holes in the valve cover) though. It don't see any indication of a counter-balancer.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_e
Why in the heck do they bother with the expense and weight of the extra pipe?
Ask Suzuki. They've used the same set-up on their single cylinder GZ250 for years.

tcs

Old 02-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #8

I've seen Hi-Bird's online. Don't know much about them. In any event, both of those bikes have kick start. Are they REALlY 250's? Those engine look more like 150cc's to me...

Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 PM   #9

I have the LF200 163 FML and also a 250 167 FML V-Bike.

In fact the 200 looks small side by side to the 250, Those E-bay pictures can be deceiving.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #10

this sucks...now I want that hi-bird AND one of the rocketas.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to 5star
The funny thing is their is no such thing as a hi-bird. Its called hybrid. All them chinese places call them hi-birds cause they dont know.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_e
I like the classic look of standard. I've been thinking about the LF200III, it's about the same price (+100 to 200) but now that I've seen that Hi-Bird....

Did you notice the 12,500 redline on the tach? I don't think I'd want to spin it that fast. Yikes!

Probably fake. They do it to make it look like the real street bikes which can hit that rpm. Most motors under 450cc wont rev over 9000rpm, And if they do rev over 9000 rpm it is pointless because the power drops off before that. All its doing is over reving. My lf200 went some where around 9000rpm but when it topped out in 5th gear it would only make it to 7000rpm because it didnt have enough power to fully rev 5th gear out.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star
The funny thing is their is no such thing as a hi-bird. Its called hybrid. All them chinese places call them hi-birds cause they dont know.
I don't get it... If they call the a hi-bird, then there is such thing as a hi-bird... Just like your parents named you little 5star, now there is such thing as 5star... Or are you saying the factories are naming the bike hybrid, and the resellers are calling them hi-bird? If you are just trying to criticize the chinese translation, I think you should be more careful with your own grammar...

Edit: I've looked at some pictures of the bikes, and they are in fact Hi-Birds, so I don't know what you're getting at.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star
I don't get it... If they call the a hi-bird, then there is such thing as a hi-bird... Just like your parents named you little 5star, now there is such thing as 5star... Or are you saying the factories are naming the bike hybrid, and the resellers are calling them hi-bird? If you are just trying to criticize the chinese translation, I think you should be more careful with your own grammar...

Edit: I've looked at some pictures of the bikes, and they are in fact Hi-Birds, so I don't know what you're getting at.
That china comps call them hi-birds because they dont know a whole lot about nothing. Their is hybrids not hi-birds. Alot of people that dont know much about engines and stuff pernounce it hi-bird. China comps make up zillions of differant names trying to make the bikes sound mean. Like I have a Lifan LF200. Now I see they call it a "GRX200". As if thats not to make it sound like a gsxr bike. I havent found a place yet that sells a china bike and knows any thing about em. And they use xr200/200x motors which they dont know. The off road bbikes are totaly based off a xr200. I just found a chinees quad. They call it a 450cc and want $5000 for it. I looked at and and it uses a z400 motor and is a z400 clone sept for cheeply built. For the same price you can get a real z400. And the place called it a 450 when infact its a 400. I should buy from the comp and then sue them for falce advertisment.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #15

Well first of all, I would like to restate that if you want to pick on chinese grammar, you should be more careful with yours... I mean, well, for example:
Quote:
That china comps call them hi-birds because they dont know a whole lot about nothing
I believe they call the bikes Hi-Birds, it has nothing to with Hybrids, the motors run on gas... Secondly, who thinks a Prius sounds mean?

Your LF200 III (or B?) is the model name that Lifan and American Lifan call it, GRX has nothing to do with them trying to sound like a GSX-R, it is because American Lifan is the only American company allowed to market the bike as a Lifan, the other direct importers HAVE to market them under a different name, GRX's come from Galata/Rabbit/maybe TMS, and Skygo is from Hooper. These are American companies, not "china comps".

It is common place to state that a model is a larger number for the displacement then it is in actuality, I have a Vulcan 800, it is actually 805cc, but quite often they are smaller then it says, in the detailed specs it likely lists the accurate displacement.

It is also common place for a lot of internet Chinese bike "dealers" to fabricate numerous parts of their ad. It isn't right, but a lot of them do it.