Thread: New China rider
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 02:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc3 View Post
The back fender was also mangled from being shoved in the box, does this happen a lot?

I don't exactly know what mangled looks like without a photograph (not watched video yet, will after posting) but with the latest imported batch I can say yes for the left rear plastic on the bike, but I cannot speak to the previous imported batches. They changed the way they packaged the wheel that is removed and placed in the crate. They started adding it suspened up top on the left rear side of the crate and tied it off with some platic tie wraps to hold it in the air.

On mine, a forward movement during shipping allowed the wheel to slide forward enough for the metal rotor on the back of the wheel to impact and scrape into the rear left plastic.

Hap ordered a different color of the same bike at the same time and his had the same scuff on the same fender from the same wheel from the same way they changed the packing of the front wheel.

Powersportsmax immediately shipped out a brand new rear plastic and a complete brand new full sticker kit for my bike. All I did was take a photograph of it and sent it to them in an email explaining what state it was in after inspection after unboxing. All I asked for was a replacement rear left plastic, but they come naked hence they also tossed in the full sticker pack as well in my bike's color scheme.

EDIT: If you look at the order confirmation, I printed mine out it had text saying that it is common for plastics to get damaged in shipment and that all damaged plastics will be replaced under warranty, just let them know.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility