Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 05:22 PM   #966

Wet clutches in motorcycles are not dry clutches as in most cars. Doing this in a car or on a motorcycle that is built with a dry clutch it is definitely not recommended. Wet clutches have more power loss because they are bathed in oil but they won’t heat up or wear out as fast as a dry clutch under similar conditions. That said this is all technical riding technique and on the street I am definitely not technical riding there. Using brakes on an incline works for me just fine because on streets we have things called cars that can rear end you and need to see other things like brake lights to help ensure rider safety if drivers actually pay attention.. But if you are technical riding and only use say your front brake while going up a shear mountain edge like a billy goat under extreme enduro technical riding where brake lights are not needed as no cars are coming up the mountain rocks and crags being you and you use your front brake only and you start sliding backwards and off the edge you’ll be having a bad day. Clutch packs are consumables that get replaced but I’m not racing or technical riding so I’ll keep doing what I have been doing on the streets.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility