View Single Post
Old 09-26-2023, 08:01 PM   #15

The new hawk 250 is:

RPS New Hawk 250 X DOT Street Legal Enduro Dirt Bike, Balance Shaft Engine hawk x 250
$1,719

Powersportsmax has an Autumn Sale on right now and the top of the line Templar X 250 is just
$1,749 !!!

Right now anyone would be crazy not to spend the just $30 extra and get a top of the line Templar X 250. Full size proper frame, a true 250cc engine versus the Hawk 250, and all those fully adjustable front suspension and fully adjustable rear suspension options and six speed gears and upside down forks, and so on and so on. The new Hawk finally comes with a counterbalanced engine and so does the Templar X 250 but the Hawk motor is smaller / less cc's.

Of course once the Autumn sale is over it will be up close to $1,999 or just under until the next sale whenever that happens in the future.

You can get two just different colors if you want, then the kids only get jealous over a sticker color. Thumper and others on here have already posted how you can lower these Templar X 250's if you need to and then when the kids get bigger you can put them back up to normal size so you have something they can grow into.

Maybe Thumper can post the height after his lowering modification after sitting on the bike and putting preload on the rear shock to see how much approximate leg length is needed to flat foot? I am 6' and 32" inseam and have no problems on the normal size Templar X 250 as it comes out of the box but kids will be shorter than I am. The way you get on these bikes is to step up on to the foot peg and then throw your leg over, plenty of room and when you are up on the seat the rear shock compresses and I easily touch the ground.

I miss the days of really cheap Hawk 250 prices but today it just makes zero sense with the higher prices.

Photo captures:

A manny store which will put some people here off

and

Powersportsmax

- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility