View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 09:14 PM   #45

Nothing photograph worthy to show today. After a day off I spent today doing a bit more work on the bike. Getting near the end of the project. Did a lot of torque wrench work today plus blue loc-tite. I’ll need red loc-tite for the rear axle nut but I only have blue on hand so I just torqued the rear axle bolt to for the moment without any on it. I filled the tank up with a bit of gas. Fired it up. Ran for less than a minute. Exhaust still cold. At idle to 1/8th throttle standing right next to the exhaust it is extremely quiet. I shut it down as it’s dark outside and closed the garage door. Plugged the bike back into the battery charger and tender.

Tomorrows plan is to work on proper five minute or longer warm up of the engine. Then dump out the engine shipping oil, then pull the spark wire and crank the engine to free up even more trapped shipping oil. I’ll pull the screen and check for metal particles and then replace it and the pool drain bolt and put in some Rotella T4. Then adjust idle screw on that viscosity of oil after at least five minutes warm up.

Then the bike is mostly all done. Install mirrors, bolt on side plastics. Then get insurance and then state vehicle inspection organized as vehicle inspection records your proof of insurance for the state. I received the MCO and bill of sale in the mail and the VIN matches so paperwork should be good to go to the county tax office for title and registration.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility