Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2023, 11:44 AM   #1161

Been out for a bit, tax season and all taking away more of my focus but I have been tinkering with my Templar in the background, some of what I got up to:

• Updated my manual, was not well written with respect to the photograph labels but there is both high and low speed compression adjusters on the rear shock. Played around with both. I tend to more to the hard side of the rear settings.
  • Pulled the carburetor and did lots of testing of idle jets and pilot/air screw settings.
  • Discovered that yes indeed, at least on my Templar there is a gasket installed on the air intake manifold between the manifold and the engine.
  • New carburetor pilot screw installed.
  • General chain clean, lube and adjustments.
  • Discovered a small crack in the lower rear mud guard where it rubs against the chain guide where the guide has a circular molded fastener attachment section. Cut out a recess in the guard to allow it to travel up and down without rubbing against said fastener section. The plastic formulation seems flexible at first but is stiff enough and thin enough to allow a crack to form from rubbing up and down against the fastener as the rear wheel actuates through its movement arc.
  • Ran through a few more tanks of fuel and confirmed by trip meter when I will be approaching the point where the fuel in the selected lobe runs dry and need to switch over. Unwinding back to an even number, I'd want to be visiting the gas station every 100 on the trip to play it safe.
  • I've run out of things I want to change or add to the bike at the moment, nothing left to do but simply ride it.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility