Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM   #1

RIP EVO powered Sportster

The Motor Company has cancelled production of the EVO (push rod) Sportsters. Future Sportsters will be powered by a variant of the Pan America engine, like the Sportster "S".
They may be out of production, but I think EVO powered Sportsters will be rattling windows for many years to come.
https://www.advrider.com/goodbye-sportster/

Old 11-23-2022, 02:02 PM   #2

This really sucks, but I guess it was inevitable. I've had, and wrenched on, some badass Sporty's (it's even my dog Spot's nickname because she's very small for her breed).

Since the introduction of the Twin Cam, the Sportster was the only Harley left that still sounded like a Harley was supposed to. Kinda like nothing sounds like an old Ford Flathead...... End of an era.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-23-2022, 03:00 PM   #3

Just in time for Royal Enfield to bring in the 650 270-degree offset parallel twin Super Meteor 650 as an entry-level cruiser now that Harley is deleting every bike under 13 grand.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 11-24-2022, 01:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
Just in time for Royal Enfield to bring in the 650 270-degree offset parallel twin Super Meteor 650 as an entry-level cruiser now that Harley is deleting every bike under 13 grand.
Being an X Harley guy, (not for dislike, just don't have one anymore), I've been very confused by many of the Motor Co's decisions over the years. This is one of them. The Sportster keeps them in business when the economy tanks and it's also a perfect starter bike for buyers to come back later and bite the $$$ bullet on a Big Twin. I'll be curious to see what the next motor is about but if it has the same success as the "street", they're in trouble.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-28-2022, 11:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Being an X Harley guy, (not for dislike, just don't have one anymore), I've been very confused by many of the Motor Co's decisions over the years. This is one of them. The Sportster keeps them in business when the economy tanks and it's also a perfect starter bike for buyers to come back later and bite the $$$ bullet on a Big Twin. I'll be curious to see what the next motor is about but if it has the same success as the "street", they're in trouble.
Harley Davidson motorcycles are extremely rare, most folks like that want something bigger they go to Ducati, BMW, KTM, Honda, Yamaha mostly European or Japanese motorcycles.
But if you ask them to show you a picture of Harley, they will show you an Evo Sportster, it's like a classic that everyone worldwide can id as harley.