Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2021, 03:32 AM   #1

Hawk DLX Label

Anybody who has a Hawk DLX could you please send me a picture of your
Federal Certification Label? I'm trying to get my Hawk registered and mine doesn't have one because it's not the DLX model.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:06 AM   #2

So, first you have 3 threads running on the same topic, typically best to stick to one so everyone can follow along and reply and it also keeps the forum clean, just my opinion.

Also, I'd be careful doing this personally but you do you. What you're planning to do is fraudulently claim to a government entity that your bike meets EPA standards for road use. I get the frustration with not being able to register it, and I dunno what if any repercussions there are for this sort of thing, but just in case you haven't considered this point I wanted to throw it out there. Good luck, hopefully you can get your bike registered soon.

"Do Wheelies and Forget your Feelies"

"If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?" -unknown

Old 07-29-2021, 11:05 AM   #3

The actual FMVSS placard will probably have the VIN number specific to each motorcycle. I think you may do better to just ask for the general informationtion such as the Manufacturer, and front and rear gawr, and all other generic info. I assume you would try using your bikes serial number as a VIN if one has not been assigned to the bike. Check your MCO for a VIN, and other pertinent info as well..I hope you can get it registered, but you may have to sell it at some loss, and get a DLX, or other bike that you feel confident that you can register.

Old 07-29-2021, 11:36 AM   #4

Go the Vermont route (you can register with the state of Vermont through the mail.) and consider selling it.

Last edited by stewbrash; 07-29-2021 at 01:00 PM.