Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Whats wrong with picking ONE Freight company? Granted I'm not saying I know anything about that side of the business. Just going by how smooth my order was from familygokarts.com their method seems to work. They only use UPS Freight. It was Fast, and both familygokarts.com and UPS Freight kept in contact with me, without ME having to initiate the communication. FGK.com NEEDS to start selling Bikes. They HAVE their SCHMITT together.
Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, we have had to start using other shippers because UPS Freight was damaging too many deliveries. It got to be seriously bad, and our customers were complaining about how they were being treated by the UPS service center phone staff and the drivers. Basically, they just didn't like going into residential areas and there were taking it out on the customers.

Now we're using a few different carriers. We've signed on and tested several and only agree to keep using the ones that provide the best service. So far, this has been working out great. We now even offer a $50 discount when the customer agrees to pick up the shipment from their local truck terminal. This actually saves the customer around $70 because we also don't have to collect the $20 residential delivery fee that the trucking companies usually charge. It's a win win for everyone!

Always looking for ways to improve!