Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #31

It's really tough to explain in text, but we'll help as much as we can.

In case you weren't aware of the layout, the shift pattern (starting from the bottom) is 1, N, 2, 3, 4, 5. Apologies if you knew that already.

I recommend that you get to know the clutch before trying to ride again. Start the bike, pull in the clutch and kick the gearshift down into first. Slowly release the clutch until you feel it begin to grab, and pull it back in again. Repeat that exercise until you become familiar with the engagement point. Once you're comfortable, try letting the clutch out a little further (don't give it any throttle), and see if you can make the bike move forward. You should be able to get in motion without actually opening the throttle.

BTW, which screws did you turn on the carb? Can you show us a pic?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #32

ya sure heres the pic . btw i fixed the problem with the bike jerking to a stop. It was because the rear brake by the foot rest was stuck and was hardly noticeable. I blamed the clutch because every time id hit the clutch i would let go of the accelerator allowing the rear brake to jerk the bike to a stop. bad luck i guess for a first time ever rider but im glad i caught it early. Just gotta get the bike to idle better. I cant downshift well cuz i gotta both hit the clutch to downshift to the gear i want, hit the brake to slow down, AND play with the throttle so the bike doesnt shut off. So ya i needa fix th idle . Oh ya, also, when im driving in gears 2-5 i try to half shift up to click in neutral but it doesnt seem to work, the only time it lets me shift to neutral is when the car is at a stop/starting the bike, not letting me coast in nuetral some reason.. is this normal or am i not doing something right.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #33

The internet is not the place to learn how to ride a bike, but there is useful information here.

You REALLY need to take an MSF class. I can't emphasize that enough. In the meantime this is a good article:

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/howt...ow_To_Ride.htm

Old 03-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #34

there is no reason i can think of to be in neutral when you are not stopped. if you want to coast its better to pull the clutch.

Tightening the screw in the picture will increase the idle speed and help with your dying problem. Grt the bike running right or it will make learning very difficult. Another adjustment you may need to make is the screw right below the black intake tube connecting the carb to the motor. it should be a small flathead type, turn it out to richen the mixture (up to 2.5 turns max) this should help with your idle, experiment with different combos of idle screw and mixture screw till it runs good.

also have you changed the oil it came with yet? if not dont ride it till you do

Old 03-29-2011, 12:55 AM   #35

Great responses, i appreciate the help. i have learned how to ride the bike quite well just have some fine tuning adjustments needed. I havent changed the oil yet, i thought you were supposed to break it in first.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:39 AM   #36

Negative. The oil that is shipped in it is likely fish oil, and it's only there for shipping. Get some four stroke motorcycle oil right away, 10W40 is a good choice at this time of year.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #37

It came stock with a PZ30. That is usually the upgrade. Glad you mentioned the oil. I mentioned it in his other post. I used shell rotella 15w40 in mine. Diesel engine oil. Non energy conserving. And its cheap.

You really need the MSF course. It will give you a chance to learn to ride the right way.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:13 AM   #38

I also agree with the motorcycle course if you ever plan on riding on the street.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #39

I dropped $500 on a course despite having had numerous dirt bikes and a few street bikes, just because I'd been off the road for 15 years.

It's worth the investment.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #40

a tube that goes downward from my carbuerator is disconnected is this normal? Theres also another wire dced by my oil dipstick where the oil goes into thats not connected to anything. you supposed to have to wires not connected to anything in the middle?

Old 03-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #41

Okay. The tube from the carb is a drain. It should be routed down toward the ground and not connected to anything.

The wires by the oil dipstick are likely for your rear brake light switch.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #42

Dan (?), I was the one that suggested this site after seeing your post at Motorcycle Forum. So far, you've taken the advice when it came to your bike. Plrease take the other advice on taking a safety course. I would suggest that before you go, you find someone that has experiance in riding a motorcycle. They will help you learn the basics of shifting and, most importantly, stopping. It is possible to learn on your own but a mentor can go a long way in keeping you and others safe.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #43

yo david 8) , i got it down pretty good, i just practiced around my neighborhood and its starting to feel pretty natural. I havent had any mentors or anything help me out (except all of you guys), and I couldn't have done it without you all. Turns out you can learn how to ride a bike over the internet loll.

My first ride was pretty funny story now that i look back at it, the first time i ever take it out for a ride the foot brake is jammed and i have no idea, so soon as i let go of the gas to switch into second i did a reverse wheely (and stuck it ) , not bad lol. Seems the brake unstuck itself somehow, dont ask me how. Funny thing is my brother and dad were saying how hard it was to move into nuetral with the engine off and said its prolly because the motorcycle isnt on and the clutch may be engaged or something and newbie me with no riding or motorcycle experience believed it, tho it didnt lool right. haha anyway i hope you guys find this story amusing. Its my gift for your troubles

Old 03-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #44

you will find it goes in to neutral much better with new oil also

Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #45

...And shift into neutral before the bike comes to a full stop. Even 1/2 walking speed movement makes it easier.