Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #1

Lianfei 200GY Help Plz

I seem to can't find no parts for the Lianfei and need a kick starter asap would this one work? I notice The Lianfei and Lifan they both look the same, so would Lifan parts work on my bike?

Another question the electric start system didn't work, so I went out bought a new solenoid, hooked it up and all that turn on were the lights but when trying to start the solenoid just clicks?!

Thanks!

Edit: Link fixed.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #2

Any generic Hondoid/Lifanoid kickstarter would work.

You may have a bad battery. Able to put out voltage fo the lights but not amperage for the starter. Hook up car battery via jumper cables to see.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #3

So the kick starter I link would work? Sorry new to all this never had one of these bikes, only a scooter and mini bike lol.

I never had a battery and when I hooked up car battery to it, that's what it done. Heck for all I know I might be doing something wrong. Since it's a clutch and been going by friend's telling me what to do is there something I have to hold down like the clutch?

I never rode the bike and would love too!

Thank you & Thank you for taking your time.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #4

I don't think there's anything electrical. Give it a kick start would be my first step too. If you've confidence your bike will start or don't mind a good workout then a down hill can work too.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #5

I'd buy the kick start from another site if you can find one. I have had multiple customers come in my store complaining about that site & getting parts from them. This is just what other customers have told me though... I have not ever used them.

Make sure you connect positive to positive & negative to negative... Don't Ever Use a running Automobile to try to jump start any motorcycle, atv or scooter, for a matter of fact don't ever do it to jump anything that has a small amperage output...............
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 04-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcycles
Make sure you connect positive to positive & negative to negative... Don't Ever Use a running Automobile to try to jump start any motorcycle, atv or scooter, for a matter of fact don't ever do it to jump anything that has a small amperage output...............
Oh I know that... 27 yrs on this earth, learned my lesson back in the younger years lol.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #7

I didn't clicked the link earlier. No, don't buy from them yet. I don't think their warehouse is fully stocked. I was thinking about a write up after I visit their warehouse sometime around June.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #8

I just bought my clutch plates from them along with few other items and the order was on hold because they can't complete the order; some items need to be shipped FROM China. That is something they really should disclose on their site.

I was waiting to ride, and just didn't feel like to be wrenched like Weld had described. I can do without riding for a week. Forget the $$$, I was ready to either haul it to a shop or just re-order my parts from else where after 6 days. At that point I was glad I paid through paypal; this vendor's paypal recipient is also associated with an expired domain, stmotoparts. There was no other contact information. They didn't reply my email inquires after purchase. Before I decided to dispute, I thought I give them benefit of the doubt and invest half hour of my time to look into it a little more; I tend to have more patience with the little guys.

I was able to get the Mainland mobile phone number of the guy who replied a question I asked before the purchase. I can't remember how I got it. I spoke to him around 5pm PST~8-9AM their time, and he was able to have the complete order delivered to me 11AM the next day. I think I'm lucky because I live pretty close to their new store. They can tell I'm a small business friendly kind of customer, so everything worked out great. It was then I heard they are in the setup process of a new store in my area. My recommendation to them is to disclose the items they have in stock at their warehouse in U.S. My order was complete and the level of service is undeniably interesting, which is why I really can't form an opinion about them right now. I'll have recommendations after I visit their store when it's fully operational.

Generally speaking, I wasn't all that surprised they were able to source from other local vendors to complete my order so quickly. I think most of these vendors know each other.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #9

Oh my my... I just lost and confused on were to order a kick starter.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcycles
I'd buy the kick start from another site if you can find one. I have had multiple customers come in my store complaining about that site & getting parts from them. This is just what other customers have told me though... I have not ever used them.

Wow I just relized your NOT that Far from me - Cool. I'll have to buzz over sometime. I'm from Jamestown PA!
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser

Old 04-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoS
Oh my my... I just lost and confused on were to order a kick starter.
Just sharing one of the many stories ejcycles has heard with a different ending of course.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #12

Is this the right site, to get info on this damn bike?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:29 AM   #13

Welcome NoS. Glad you found us.

Some of our fine members have a habit of straying a bit from the original topic, but you'll have plenty of responses before long. I don't have experience with your specific bike, but I have considerable experience with XR200 bikes; they are similar in many respects.

I'd certainly try the kicker you linked, especially at that price.

The clicking solenoid certainly sounds like a battery; puzzling that booster cables wouldn't solve it. Have you tried jumping the solenoid? If you connect the two large studs on the solenoid with a booster cable, the starter should spin.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
...Some of our fine members have a habit of straying a bit from the original topic...
Thread hijacking? Here at China Riders? Surely you jest! :roll:

Welcome to these forums, Nos. I agree with FastDoc; any generic, Honda cloned kick starter should work.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #15

Mine is a Lifan which is ALMOST spelled the same so I'm basing my advice on that.

It's already been said but I like to talk too, so Honda XR200 parts will fit if yours is indeed like my Lifan, which at a glance it looks pretty similar. All the parts I've bought for mine have been tagged for Honda XR200, new piston, rings, head, clutch, even right down to valve seals and I haven't blown it up yet. 8O

So if all you're looking for at the moment is a kickstarter, I don't think you'll be taking a big risk looking Honda. A little tip though, if you go to a Honda dealer, don't say the word China or Chinese, stick with your Honda XR200 guns. :P