Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #16

It seems all the wiring is correct, but I can't be sure. There's two plugs that come out of the stator...a 5-wire and another plug. The five wire plug was colered to match the wire harness so that was easy. The other other plug has 5 or 6 wires I think and none of the colors match, but it did match. This is probably the root of my problem.

Without knowing what the bike was that the stator and cover came from, though, I can't find what they are.

I'm going to try and wire in a regulator on a seperate circuit. These lifan engines are single phase, right? The stators I have are both the kind with 2 coils like you see in older Hondas and such.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #17

I'm at the same level as you, here. I believe that one of the coils is specific to the headlight, whereas the other coil produces the power for the ignition.

Have you searched for wiring harnesses that would point you in the right direction?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #18

I wouldn't know where to start searching for harnesses. To hell with it, though...later I'll sit out with the volt meter and find out what's making what and just wire in a dedicated charging circuit. Bypass the wiring harness, key, etc.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #19

CDI PROBLEM

If you have 12 volts going to the CDI from the ignition system.. then you need a DC cdi... but if the stator generates the power.. then you need a AC cdi... that is the most common CDI that is around.. the stators are pretty much common as long as they are the same number of poles... you can check out on this form that I posted many manuals to view.. good luck

Old 05-03-2011, 05:19 AM   #20

it might be easier but also more costly to just order a new wiring harness and new peices.. all ment for the same quad, so that way the only issue you could have with having to rewire something is where the stator plugs into the harness..