Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #1

Gio Hummer 110 spark plug problems...

Hey guys, hope all is well.
My son's mini hummer 110 is having some spark plug issues. It runs very well with a new spark plug. Starts up immediately and goes good for 20-30 minutes. The driving is slow putting around through forest trails and some puddles etc., no fast reving or high speed. The problem occurs after some of this riding. The plug gets black and I need to take it out, clean it and the little machine fires up right away again. No clean, no start. It's becoming a real drag. Any suggestions.
PS: the mesh air clear is off the engine. Will put it back on, but it doesn't alter air flow much.
I believe I did move the c-clip in the carb to make it richer.
Do I need to put it back one setting?

Thanks,
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 05-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #2

You succeeded in making it richer. I'd put the clip back up one notch (maybe two).

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-15-2011, 12:16 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I opened the carb top and removed the needle to find the tip of the needle bent slightly. It was bent enough to effect fuel flow I believe. I will test it out tomorrow after I weld the broken frame. Riding two up is a bit much for this fun machine I guess. Oh well, I wouldn't change a thing. Been loads of fun for my son and I.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 05-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #4

If it's bent to the point that it won't slide all the way down into the jet needle then that will also make you rich and moving the clip might not help if the needle jet can't go any lower into the jet needle.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #5

make sure you check the plug cap.it could be missfireing and causing it to foul plugs