Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #16

with a feeler gauge ,im not sure about the clearence.I usually just turn it about 1/4 turn and check and see if it helps..

Old 08-19-2011, 12:39 AM   #17

I use the CG125 spec for my 200cc Beast, and that's 0.08mm / 0.003" intake and exhaust. Set them on a cold engine.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #18

All excellent advice here.

If you have an unstable idle I'd look for an air leak at the intake tube/cylinder head mating spot.

Also, I am curious if you hop on, put it in gear, roar around a little into second gear for a couple minutes and stop, if the machine then stays running? I sometimes find my beast will not stay idling until I've run it and got it warm. Then it purrs like a kitten rest of the afternoon.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #19

My problem it's was the seal between the engine and the intake manifold

Old 09-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #20

What is your plan?

You could try some red RTV silicone as a gasket, but be sure to not use too much, or else a piece of it will be drawn into the cylinder. You could also buy some bulk gasket material from the local auto parts store and carefully cut out your own gasket. You could also try to find replacement gaskets on eBay. Whichever gasket you choose, it might be a good idea to stack two of them.

You might also wish to buy a different intake tube on eBay. The intake tube on my ATV has an o-ring seal, rather than a gasket.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
What is your plan?

You could try some red RTV silicone as a gasket, but be sure to not use too much, or else a piece of it will be drawn into the cylinder. You could also buy some bulk gasket material from the local auto parts store and carefully cut out your own gasket. You could also try to find replacement gaskets on eBay. Whichever gasket you choose, it might be a good idea to stack two of them.

You might also wish to buy a different intake tube on eBay. The intake tube on my ATV has an o-ring seal, rather than a gasket.
I try with RTV silicone as gasket.
Can you give a link for a different intake tube on eBay for Rebel T3?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #22

This is what I mean: ATV Intake Manifold-Length 7 Inches-ATVs-NEW

Old 09-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #23

Thank you Weldangrind, I think i will buy it!

Old 09-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #24

Beware that the o-ring groove was cut too deep in TurboT's ATV, and that created a vacuum leak. The hillbilly fix was to use two o-rings to properly seal it. BTW, I've only seen one that was cut too deep.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasting
My problem it's was the seal between the engine and the intake manifold
Don't throw that old gasket away - use it as a template to cut out a new one, from cork gasket material. You might want to put a light coat of gasket compound on the new cork one. Use locktite on the threads when you reassemble it - mine kept loosening until I did that.

Also - check that intake pipe for cracks. Mine was cracked almost all the way around, at the bend closest to the cylinder.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #26

make sure you use the removable type of loctite otherwise if you ever need to disassemble the permanent stuff its a pain to release...

Old 09-07-2011, 02:14 AM   #27

Agreed. Use Loctite 242 (the blue stuff).