Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #46

sure did! i went old skool and used a compass? those pencil on the inverted V thing LOL and drew the 2 circles, then used a knife and scissors.

While waiting about i decided to bore out the inlet side of the head. Out came the dremmel!

Before

After

Anyways, manifold arrived about an hour or 2 ago, first thing i did as bore it out some, as he carb is bigger, now the had is bigger. After that i set about fitting the paper gasket and rubber ring.

Above you can see the O ring sitting proud, i only used one of the paper gaskets. On the right side, thats te O ring seated and uncompressed so theres plenty rubber to make a good seal.

Anyways the bike is all back together now and running lovely, thanks to you guys. I may try the bigger slow jet of 2.5 next time im in there. The bike is much better on part throttle, but i can still feel a slight hesiation while at low throttle in a high gear. I think the mixture screw is near to 2 turns out, but will double check when it cools down.

Thanks peeps.

Old 11-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #47

I can appreciate the need to port stuff. Glad to hear the bike is running well now; perhaps dropping the clip one notch will eliminate the part-throttle flat spot.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #48

Drop the clip resulting in the needle being higher up one notch?

Old 11-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #49

I'm glad you've got it sorted. Thanks for the pics.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevshek
Drop the clip resulting in the needle being higher up one notch?
Exactly. That will uncover more of the main jet at less throttle opening, resulting in a richer mixture. Worth a try.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #51

make sense, plus its easier to do.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevshek
make sense, plus its easier to do.
And it's free.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #53

LOL well ive checked the air screw and its ut 1/2 half turn, ive turned it a further 1/4 turn and will try that tomorow. Ill go up in 1/4 turns, and if it dont work out, ill do the needle.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:43 AM   #54

Okay, so over the past couple of weeks, ive had to resort in trying the bigger slow jets i ordered, as the 25 still had bad low throttle responce.

The needle jet is fully up so thats not the issue i believe. First i change the slow to the 27.5, which id make it better, but even after tweeking the air screw, it was still hesitant/rough on part throttle where you just need to run at a steady 30 mph (for example)

This week i finally decided to go for the 30 slow jet, again a minor improvement, but still a bit rough on part idle.

Ive only now notice that the bike runs worse the more you open the air jet, so ive ltteraally got it about 1/8 turn from closed. But the more you close it, the worse it idles. Can you actually run the bike with the air screw fully closed? Is that recommended? And what it the best way to be adjusting it. I know that 2 turns out means a bigger jet, but i dont actually know how to adjust it as such.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #55

I've lost track, Kevshek; are you running a PZ30 or a 30mm Mikuni?

Old 12-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #56

It is a mikuni pz30. It's in the other thread I posted vs the pz27. It seems no matter which slow jet I fit and how I adjust it, its still not right.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #57

A PZ30 is not a Mikuni, it's a Keihin clone. I've given up on the PZ30 that's on Son of Weldangrind's XR200R, so I'm gonna buy a 30mm Mikuni, just like the one I installed on my ATV (among others). I believe that the Mikuni is simply a better design, and jet availability is much better where I live.