Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #1

Hello from Alberta, Canada

Hey everyone!

I'm 28 years old, currently living in Fort Sask, Alberta. I'm new to motorcycles in general, just picked up my first bike - a 2012 Pitster Pro XTR 200x. I got it used with 300km for a pretty decent price. They actually had a few of these bikes at the New Rider Training course I took, that's how I found out about them. It's a pretty nice little bike, but having some issues with it since I bought it, and can't quite figure it out! Hoping to find some answers here on the forums, learning lots already!

Old 05-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #2

Welcome! Go right ahead and post up a thread asking about your issues, someone will have all the answers you need in short order!

Old 05-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #3

Welcome! We are glad you joined us.

Your Pitster Pro XTR200 is an excellent motorcycle manufactured by Qingqi. This bike has been exported to the United States as the QLink XF200. It was exported to Canada also as the Konker XF200.

I'm pleased to learn this bike is in the training fleet for the rider safety course you took. If you search these forums for "QLink XF200" you will find a lot of good information. When you have time, please post photographs of your bike. We love photos. We are also happy to answer your questions as best we can.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-28-2013, 01:48 AM   #4

Welcome! I like your Canadian Tire name.

I was raised nearby in Sherwood Park (haven't grown up yet). Looking forward to your Pitster Pro thread and pics.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-28-2013, 06:04 AM   #5

Welcome!

My CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) centre also had a few Pitster XTR200's on site.

Brilliant little bikes. Have fun and ride safe

Culley..

Old 05-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
Administrator

Welcome sir!

Old 05-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #7

Thanks everyone! Here are some pics from today

We were actually riding on a paved road, and just pulled off to the side onto that dirt path.

The guy I bought the bike from, had the seat lowered on the bike. I don't mind it too much, I can almost put both my feet down flat while sitting on the bike.

Also, I don't care too much for the license plate holder. Since the holder only has mounts for the top two screws of the plate, the bottom of the plate rattles against the flap, and makes a horrible noise while driving down the road. Are there any good relocation kits available for these bikes?

Old 05-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #8

That's a good looking motorcycle! Thanks for posting the nice photos.

If you are just disturbed by the rattle, you can add another bolt at the bottom of the license plate, with a rubber grommet between the fender and the plate.

If you want a new tail light as well as a license plate holder, you can install a DRC Edge 2 Tail Light, or another tail light from eBay.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #9

Hello from just down the road!
Congrats on the new bike, looks great! I had the Konker equivalent up until about a month ago, they're great motorcycles .

Nice pics by the North Saskatchewn, lot's of good back roads in the area to explore, have fun and ride safe!

Old 05-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #10

We used to float down the North Saskatchewan in the raft races when I was a kid; do they still do that?

Motomaster, if you have time, can you please post a pic of how your headlight mounts? I bought one like yours, and I'm trying to mount it to my Lifan forks.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #11

Hmmm not sure if they do raft races, I haven't seen any in the 5 years I've lived here. I know they do the dragon boat races in Edmonton, but that's probably something different.

Thanks MICRider! Hoping to know all the back roads very well by the end of the summer!

Thanks Spud for suggestions, I think I will go ahead and order that DRC Edge 2 kit, that's exactly what I was looking for! I found your old thread on your install, and sounds like the DRZ400 kit mounts up quite easily on your bike, hopefully mine is not much different.

Weldangrind, here are some pics of my headlight, hope it helps you out. If there is something else not pictured, that you would like a picture of, just let me know!

Old 05-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #12

FastDoc installed a DRC Edge 2 Tail Light on his QLink XP200. You might want to search for his installation thread.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-30-2013, 01:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaster View Post
Weldangrind, here are some pics of my headlight, hope it helps you out. If there is something else not pictured, that you would like a picture of, just let me know!
Thanks for the excellent pics! That gives me some ideas about how to mount my headlight.