Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #1

Barebones wiring on a panterra 125.

Not real familiar with wiring a cdi ignition. I split the loom and decided to remove all the unneeded crap on here. Electric start, speedo, tach, all lights and signals, ignition switch, horn, battery, gear indicator sender and brake switches are all gone. Now I'm wondering if any of you gurus can give me the basics on putting this together with just the cdi, stator, regulator, coil and kill switch. I'm a tad bit confused now as this was a spur of the moment decision when I figured out I'll never be able to title this thing. I might put the tach back as well so any instruction on that would be nice too. Thanks in advance for any help cause this could turn into a nightmare.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #2

Just wondering, can this be ran without the Regulator/rectifier? I've been looking at the schematics on hooper imports and for the most part they dont match up. Can I drive the coil straight from the stator? Can somebody give me some help and tell me what wires do what on the stator. There's a lot more there than I remember needing.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #3

Sorry guys I just realized I didnt even say what kind of bike it is. 04 Panterra 125. It has the 157FM1 engine. Vin # LLCHYP10141001038 if it helps at all.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #4

One more thing, can I bundle the grounds together and make a common ground? Should I ground to the frame or engine? Sorry for being a PITA.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #5

dunno if itll help but i found this in my pics file

lee

Old 02-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #6

Thanks for the reply thats the best schematic I've seen yet. Should make things a little more simple. I'll try to make it work again but this is pretty much what I have done already. I'm going to go back and double check everything to make sure.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #7

^looks good to me 8)

Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #8

Thanks for everything guys it runs now. Stopping is another story though. The kill switch does not seem to work now. I'll dig into it tomorrow when I have time. The only difference I found on this schematic is the white wire from the stator is pink on my bike.

Now onto another question or two.

1. I want to run the tach so I'm assuming it gets it's signal from the black/yellow wire on the coil. Do I need to run 12 volts in to the tach also?

2. If I wanted to put a headlight on can I pull power from the pink or yellow wire on the stator? I will need this also if the tach needs 12 volts.

3. I can't seem to find where to get an in tank filter for the petcock. Mine is ripped to shreds for some reason and with a metal tank it causes problems. I plan on getting an inline but my reserve just keeps clogging with rust so it's about useless.

4. Is there a bolt in 250cc engine for this frame or is 200 as good as it gets?

Old 02-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #9

try wiring a switch to the black/yellow wire from the coil mate, thatll shut power of to it and kill the engine, you could even use a key switch from radioshack (or simlar outlet) or the original ignition switch for added security. i wouldnt bother trying to get a petcock filter just fit an inline servicable filter instead. a tacho would indead be wire to the b/y wire frome the coil chap. as for running a headlight id have kept the original charging curcuit and battery as running one without the battery will mean that the brightness will incress/diminish as you acellerate/slow dowm respectively. but to run without a battery youll need to identify which wire provides a constent 12v and wire the light to that, i think it will probebly be a yellow wire but without looking i cant be sure. hope this helps
lee

Old 02-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #10

I believe you want to look up a pit bike wiring diagram.

Look at the ones at www.dratv.com for help too.

You don't need the regulator unless you want a battery and lights.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #11

Panterra 125cc

I have the same exact bike you have and im trying to do the same thing. Did you ever get it figured out how to put your bike back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilkikin View Post
Not real familiar with wiring a cdi ignition. I split the loom and decided to remove all the unneeded crap on here. Electric start, speedo, tach, all lights and signals, ignition switch, horn, battery, gear indicator sender and brake switches are all gone. Now I'm wondering if any of you gurus can give me the basics on putting this together with just the cdi, stator, regulator, coil and kill switch. I'm a tad bit confused now as this was a spur of the moment decision when I figured out I'll never be able to title this thing. I might put the tach back as well so any instruction on that would be nice too. Thanks in advance for any help cause this could turn into a nightmare.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampsoccer15 View Post
I have the same exact bike you have and im trying to do the same thing. Did you ever get it figured out how to put your bike back together.
Welcome. We are glad you joined us.

I fear you won't get a reply from the original poster, since this thread is over three years old, and the link to wiring diagram is no longer valid. However, I do encourage you to start a new thread on this topic. We will do our best to help you.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894