Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #1

engine wierdness...

so i was working on my engine tonight out of the shineray, everything i see says it has the 163 fml engine in it, so i ordered all parts for a 163...as i am draining the oil to check the clutch, i notice my case says 169 fml, not 163....so no i freak thinking that the piston and stuff i have coming wont fit, since everything i have seen says that the 169 had a 69mm bore, and the 163 has a 63mm bore... BUT....i whip out my calipers and find that my 169 engine has a 63mm bore....WHAT GIVES???LOL as soon as i get the new piston in i will be measuring the stroke as the 169 supposedly has a shorter stroke...

Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #2

I'd write it off as a typo. My Roketa says 163FMI, when it should say 163FML. Funny acronyms aside, mine is a typo.

Let us know what you find with the stroke measurement. It would be nice to know which components we would need to max out displacement.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #3

well what i am thinking is if you can toss a 69mm jug and piston on the longer stroke bottom end (the 163, supposedly its a 62mm stroke as apposed to roughly 58mm of the 169...supposedly) i could see roughly making your own 230cc engine with a 169 bore and piston on the 163 bottom end... giving you a 69mmbore with a 62mm stroke...

ideas ideas...we shall see what my engine really is...