Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #1

Springer Mountain in North GA on the Lifan

First day I rode "Chewy" (my Lifan 200) to work. She waited patiently for me then we went up to the mountains. She performed beautifully for a 200cc dually that I paid peanuts for. I hate to admit that I dropped her once while trying to take her pic , I ""almost"" lost control on lose gravel a couple of times, got her stuck twice trying to turn in some tight spots, and got super lost once...but....I HAD A BLAST!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4710.jpg (82.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4703.jpg (98.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 25.jpg (83.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4719.jpg (100.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4720.jpg (96.7 KB, 58 views)

Old 10-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #2

more pics..
PS...Was trying to figure out how I could pull that tank (tanker). I figured I could ride forever if I had a gas tank that big I could pull...HAHAHAH!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4725.jpg (90.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4729.jpg (99.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4734.jpg (92.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4739.jpg (77.8 KB, 51 views)

Old 10-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #3

Nice pics.
I miss my Chinabike. Sorta. The small size of the tank on my Hi-bird was always a gripe. 1.3gal or something like that. Of course, 75 miles between fillups ain't bad.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 10-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Nice pics.
I miss my Chinabike. Sorta. The small size of the tank on my Hi-bird was always a gripe. 1.3gal or something like that. Of course, 75 miles between fillups ain't bad.
Yeah, 2ish gallon tank seems crazy for a motorcycle made to go off roading far away from gas stations

Old 10-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #5

Looks like a fun ride. Where abouts is it? Thanks for the pics.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oviking99 View Post
Looks like a fun ride. Where abouts is it? Thanks for the pics.
Springer Mtn is about 10 miles from Dahlonega on 52 towards Amicalola. You then take Nimblewill Church Rd and then you will start seeing signs and forest service roads. If you go up there, print a map of the service roads to take with you cause they can get tricky and cell service is super iffy up there. Great roads and roads off those roads. I stayed on the main forest service road since it was the first time taking her out alone.

PS......Video soon to come!!

Old 10-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #7

It looks like it was a great day for a ride.

I'm with you on removing the tank shrouds; I filled the screw holes with stainless button head screws just because. How do you like the engine? I see that it's counter-balanced, and it probably vibrates a lot less than mine.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman1313 View Post
Springer Mtn is about 10 miles from Dahlonega on 52 towards Amicalola. You then take Nimblewill Church Rd and then you will start seeing signs and forest service roads. If you go up there, print a map of the service roads to take with you cause they can get tricky and cell service is super iffy up there. Great roads and roads off those roads. I stayed on the main forest service road since it was the first time taking her out alone.

PS......Video soon to come!!
Thank you, it is highly appreciated! If I can get my buddy back on a shifting motorcycle, I'll trailer the bikes to Dahlonega. In his 30 yrs with the APD he was with the Motor Division for a number of years. I can't imagine that in all that Atlanta craziness!

Old 10-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
It looks like it was a great day for a ride.

I'm with you on removing the tank shrouds; I filled the screw holes with stainless button head screws just because. How do you like the engine? I see that it's counter-balanced, and it probably vibrates a lot less than mine.
It vibrates as much as my lawnmower but when off-roading, the elements such as rocks, limbs, rough terrain, etc drown it out - HAHAHAHA!!! I do like the engine though. I am at 200lbs and it pulls me fine. Nothing compared to my Ninja 300 but again for the peanuts of a price I paid, it does what I ask it to. ((I find it funny when people expect a 200cc DS POS to pull them as good as their CBR600RR ))

I took off the shrouds to repaint and ended up liking the look better. I have a couple ideas/tricks up my sleeve about the screw holes....will post up when I get around to it.

So far she is a blast.....so much fun in fact, I was minutes away from buying a 2014 Honda CRF250L cause I am loving the DUAL SPORTING so much. I decided to wait until I have had 10 solid "DUAL SPORTING" experiences and if I am still loving it then I may bust out the cash for a "NEW" and "Fuel Injected" CRF250L ---- 2 down 8 to go!

Old 10-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #10

The CRF250L is a very nice motorcycle, but you are wise to delay its purchase. As you ride more off road, you will gain experience and improve your riding abilities. With more experience you will better discover the type of off road riding you like best, and this experience might point you toward a different motorcycle. Also, it's good to learn how to ride off road while riding an inexpensive bike, or a used bike. As you tackle tougher terrain, you will certainly drop the motorcycle. It's more fun to drop a used, or inexpensive China bike than a brand new Honda.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman1313 View Post
It vibrates as much as my lawnmower but when off-roading...
Have you tried to adjust the counter-balance device? I did that on an XL250S I had, and it was a very simple procedure. If you decide to remove the right side cover to investigate, please take pics.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer