Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputygene View Post
The DR, loaded with saddlebags and camping gear was almost too much. However, I would have loved to have had fuel injection at the higher altitudes. I would think this RX3 would have been about perfect for an adventure like the TAT.
I can't wait for you guys to get your bikes and started posting some reports!
Welcome!! I'm very confident that this will be a great bike for the ladies and I'm hoping that I can help provide some feedback to make it so in any way possible. My good friends have done TAT rides for the past few years, so this bike will finally give me the opportunity to go on a TAT ride myself without having to trailer a bike or take a large bike that I might not be able to handle in certain situations!
'02 Yamaha YZF 600 - dirty
'15 CSC RX-3 Cyclone - orange

Old 01-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by classix_man View Post
Hello to Everyone,

I am Man and I've been reading all of the threads in this forum weeks ago to get all related info about this bike. Actually, I'm from Malaysia and previously tried to search every information related to RX3. It is good to get every info from this forum and also others.

For your information, this bike was launched at 25th December 2014 at one of the biggest bike gathering in Malaysia. After I have been inform about this bike, I went to the sole distributor and paid just MYR300 (84.22 USD) for the deposit. The promotion price is actually MYR12,800 (3.593.59 USD) exclude insurance and others. Total will be MYR13,400 (3,762.04). So, it is a very nice price for a very nice bike!!

However, I am still waiting for sample bike to do a test ride. Should be in near time since the company still use the bike for promotion at other state as well.

Just wondering, I've been informed that this bike (KTN RS 250 in Malaysia) will get a carburetor version instead of FI system. I tried to get as many info as i could regarding the differences between these two system but in the end, I am kind of confusing. Of course there will be pro's and con's for both system, but which one is actually better in terms of maintenance and fuel consumption?

Can't wait to ride the bike!!
Welcome to the boards!! I can't wait to hear what you think of your bike once you're able to put some miles on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
Hello,
I am soon to own a RX3 , (Honley 250 Adventurer here in the UK ). I will be one of only a handful of owners in the UK according to this website
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicl...x3_zs_250_gy-3

Just wanted to say how glad i was to find this excellent thread (still reading) and discover that im not the only one who thinks this bike could be a real winner !

regards

katflap
Welcome katflap! I feel privileged to be among such a great, small group of people that believe in this bike! Can't wait to hear what you think of yours and to see some ride reports from over there!
'02 Yamaha YZF 600 - dirty
'15 CSC RX-3 Cyclone - orange

Old 01-11-2015, 06:44 PM   #1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
The fuel cooling issue is legit. The Yamaha Wr 250's have had quite a few owners having issues with fuel pump failures. They SUPPOSEDLY designed a new and improved more durable in tank pump, but there have been failures of these as well, apparently.

The larger 4 gallon capacity allows Zongshen to keep the pump cool(er) by not gauging the fuel as would be "normal" if it was accurate to actual quantity left in our tanks.
I wonder if there is a practical way to design a small "day tank" that would fit below the regular tank where it would have cooled (by air) fuel bathing it all the time.
Maybe when at CSC I can look at and purchase a spare pump to see what can be designed with this in mind, and offer it to those of us having any issues with our pumps. If Yamaha owners have much better luck with the upgraded pump, we may want to try adapting it to or bikes IF we have premature failures frequently.
The guts of the pumps are plastic or some type polymer, and so fail if they overheat, most likely.

I would really like to be able to use ALL 4 gallons without worrying about pump failure, though, when riding long distances, especially in remote areas (or hostile environments like deserts etc.)
I wasn't aware of the fuel pump problems with the Yamaha WR250 bikes. Thanks for posting that information. I'm very glad the Zongshen engineers set up the fuel gauge as they did.

I have ridden extensively in remote areas of Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, and Montana. Fuel stations are few, and far between in many of the remote areas of these states, especially after normal business hours. When riding long distances in wilderness areas, I plan ahead for fuel stops, and I never pass up a gas station. However, I have discovered a 200-mile range on the main fuel tank is sufficient when combined with a 1-gallon reserve tank.

To extend the life of the fuel pump, I intend to fill the fuel gas routinely before 200 miles, and only travel on reserve fuel when absolutely necessary. In rare circumstances, one can easily carry extra fuel on top of, or inside the panniers, et cetera.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-11-2015, 06:52 PM   #1279

Quote:

I was interested to see the camouflaged version from CSC has hand guards. Does anyone know which ones they used, I think they would be ideal for a bit of wind protection .

thanks

http://issuu.com/mortons-digital/docs/mcmsep14

Pretty sure those are Moose Racing Guards they have on the Camo one....I have them on my NC700X
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 01-11-2015, 06:58 PM   #1280

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome Spud.

Hoping to have it in about 4 weeks time and will certainly post some photos. Though speed isn't a priority of mine I did opt for an orange one

I was interested to see the camouflaged version from CSC has hand guards. Does anyone know which ones they used, I think they would be ideal for a bit of wind protection .

thanks

here is a short UK review (page 21)

http://issuu.com/mortons-digital/docs/mcmsep14
Thanks for posting the link to the nice review of the Honley 250.

CSC installed Moose Racing Handguards on the RX3.

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=14336

I'm sure many different handguards will fit, just make sure you get hardware for 1-inch, fat bars.

P.S. You might not need the extra speed provided by the orange bike, but it's nice to have nevertheless.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 09-18-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:06 PM   #1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
Pretty sure those are Moose Racing Guards they have on the Camo one....I have them on my NC700X
Upon closer inspection, I notice those Moose Racing Handguards are not wrap-around guards. I wonder if the brake master cylinder of the RX3 makes it difficult to install wrap-around handguards?

Incidentally, I think the camouflage bike looks much nicer than I expected in the recent photographs from Sacramento. Also, Joe is becoming a pretty good model.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-11-2015, 07:51 PM   #1282

CSC is going to offer a very nice center stand.

I wonder if CSC welded a mounting point for the spring, or the mount was present on the stock frame?

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-12-2015, 07:07 AM   #1283
Banned

Thanks for handguard info

So, no lists of any manufacturers yet?
Is there any (enough) interest to start one? I guess I can do that in a different thread...I do think we can save some $$ with group buys and push some product development and or adaptation to out motorcycles if we do get a group of buyers that want different things and ask the different manufacturers to supply them to us at a hopefully reduced price for early adopters. (like the motorcycle initial buyers group).

Old 01-12-2015, 08:11 AM   #1284

Smile

[QUOTE=Miss America;177469]Welcome to the boards!! I can't wait to hear what you think of your bike once you're able to put some miles on it!

Thank you Miss America!!

That's what I will do as soon as i get my bike. Will update some pics also just for sharing purpose.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #1285

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
CSC is going to offer a very nice center stand.

I wonder if CSC welded a mounting point for the spring, or the mount was present on the stock frame?
The center stand looks very sturdy and very heavy as well!

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 01-12-2015, 08:25 AM   #1286

Quote:
Originally Posted by classix_man View Post
Hello to Everyone,

I am Man and I've been reading all of the threads in this forum weeks ago to get all related info about this bike. Actually, I'm from Malaysia and previously tried to search every information related to RX3. It is good to get every info from this forum and also others.

For your information, this bike was launched at 25th December 2014 at one of the biggest bike gathering in Malaysia. After I have been inform about this bike, I went to the sole distributor and paid just MYR300 (84.22 USD) for the deposit. The promotion price is actually MYR12,800 (3.593.59 USD) exclude insurance and others. Total will be MYR13,400 (3,762.04). So, it is a very nice price for a very nice bike!!

However, I am still waiting for sample bike to do a test ride. Should be in near time since the company still use the bike for promotion at other state as well.

Just wondering, I've been informed that this bike (KTN RS 250 in Malaysia) will get a carburetor version instead of FI system. I tried to get as many info as i could regarding the differences between these two system but in the end, I am kind of confusing. Of course there will be pro's and con's for both system, but which one is actually better in terms of maintenance and fuel consumption?

Can't wait to ride the bike!!
Welcome Classix,

Do look forward to hearing your experience with the RX3.

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 01-12-2015, 10:08 AM   #1287
Banned

Kist and start of my "mods" for initial Adv ride home:)!

THANKS SPUD! for the link and suggestion (re mitts and vendor).

ANyone wanting anything they offer, I will be talking with them today about our group and see what if anything we can do re a GBuy and discount(s). If CSC says OK, all shipped to them for those picking bikes up there for Baha ride and or ride home to wherever you live...

If interested, start a thread for Farkles or whatever you want to in the appropriate place on here and I will let Rocky Mountain know so they can make sure to have the stuff in stock for us when we need it...
    • Tusk Hand Mitts BlackPart #1160370001Mfg. #19-2412
    • $15.99 MSRP: $21.99
      You Save: (27%)
    • 1 on backorderEstimated in-stock date
      Jan 16, 2015
    • Remove
      Subtotal
      $15.99

Buy Later
      Gift wrap this item »
    • Notes:
    • Fly Racing Hydro Pack 70 oz. BlackPart #1435930001Mfg. #28-5110
    • $35.99 MSRP: $39.95
      You Save: (10%)
    • 1 in-stockShipped Immediately*
    • Remove
      Subtotal
      $35.99

Buy Later
      Gift wrap this item »
    • Notes:
    • Tusk Grip Heater KitPart #1246950001Mfg. #114613-0002
    • $19.99 MSRP: $24.99
      You Save: (20%)
    • 2 in-stockShipped Immediately*
    • Remove
      Subtotal
      $39.98

Buy Later
      Gift wrap this item »
    • Notes:

Old 01-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Upon closer inspection, I notice those Moose Racing Handguards are not wrap-around guards. I wonder if the brake master cylinder of the RX3 makes it difficult to install wrap-around handguards?
They are not Wrap around type hand guards, they are more wind and roost guards, not what I plan to put on my Cyclone....definitely some good off road guards
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 01-12-2015, 10:33 AM   #1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
They are not Wrap around type hand guards, they are more wind and roost guards, not what I plan to put on my Cyclone....definitely some good off road guards
I agree. I have installed the 'roost guards' before, but they don't offer enough protection. All my motorcycles now have the full, wrap-around, Tusk D-Flex handguards, with spoilers.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...k%20handguards

My Zongshen ZS200GY-2 and Honda XR650L have 7/8-inch handlebars. Since my CRF250X has 1-inch handlebars, I installed the big bar adapters on that motorcycle.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...bar%20adapters

I think I will probably install the same setup on my Zongshen RX3, which also has big bar handlebars.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Last edited by SpudRider; 09-18-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
Welcome Classix,

Do look forward to hearing your experience with the RX3.
Thanks Wolftrax!!

Can't wait to share will all of u out there