Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2015, 10:58 AM   #1

Need Help with Assembly of 2014 Bashan Will 250 Enduro

Thanks for anyone reading this. Well I'm assembly a 2014 Bashan Will Street and trail 250cc bike. And didn't think there would be any trouble. seeing that I work on cars for a living. But I cant figure out how to install the kickstand and wonder if they sent me the wrong one cause every which way I try it the kickstand is to long. Plus I need help assembling the food pegs for the shifter and rear brake. I seem to have alot of bolts and washers and only three things to put on. which the third is the front fender. I dont have 4 matching bolts for the front fender either. But really wanting to try it out today cause its going to be in the 50s today here in WV. So I posted a pick of my kickstand setup I have done minus the spring. Any help is great help thank you .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (76.2 KB, 279 views)

Old 02-07-2015, 12:01 PM   #2

That's a really sharp bike.

The seat height looks quite low, so perhaps you do have the wrong kickstand. It's tough for us to comment without more pics. If you can show us how you're trying to mount it, that might clear things up. Also, you could do a simple measurement from the kickstand mount to the ground, with the bike leaning at a reasonable angle. Compare that to the length of your kickstand.

Please show us pics of the pegs and fasteners.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-07-2015, 12:37 PM   #3

How I been mounting it is how it shows in the picture. On a funny note....I took the kickstand off my sons 70cc and it works great but the spring mounts on the back side for his bike. And far as the pegs not sure but maybe show you the bag of parts I have left over lol. plus now i just tried to move it and the back tire is locked up. I has been like that when i tried to remove from the crate. But It is out of gear and will pull forward like the caliper is locked up. so i tried bleeding the caliper thinking it might be a shipping thing. Will post pics asap gotta head back to the garage. and thanks Weldangrind for liking the bike and the help. I feel like a little kid at christmas right now plus I think I ended up getting the bike for a good price. 1370.00 shipped and everything.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #4

Great bike! Where did you find it in stock?

/

Old 02-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #5

Indeed, that is a beautiful bike, and a very good price.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-08-2015, 01:52 PM   #6

bashan

it looks really low ...dumb question ,,but did you hook up the rear shock linkage?

Old 02-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #7

It indeed does look as though the rear shock isn't attached. Great looking bike though. Now where oh where did you find this in stock!? I'm looking high and low and can't find any distributor with any 250 or 200cc bikes in stock!

Old 02-08-2015, 10:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
it looks really low ...dumb question ,,but did you hook up the rear shock linkage?
Good call. Now that I look at it again, I agree.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-08-2015, 11:41 PM   #9

'Rascalflyer' where are you!!??

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14294

(because he just put one of these exact bikes together...)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Good call. Now that I look at it again, I agree.
I was going to comment the same. The rear fender looks way to close to the tire.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #11

You guys are awesome and yea sorry it was my fault the shock was not attached yet. after that everything fell right into place. Thank you guys so much. and I got it from superiorpowersports.com and they matched the price from another site. 1370.00 was shipping and everything. they are out of California. I live in west virginia and it got to me in 8 days. this bike is great so now I have something to ride while I park my other bikes one at a time and fix them up.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #12

Now I wanna figure a way to fix a rack on the rear like my Roketa I use to have and maybe find a shock that adjusts to lower the rear a few inches so the ole lady can learn how to ride. And ideas fellas?

Old 02-11-2015, 10:58 AM   #13

What does the area look like under the back of the seat, and under the rear fender? Perhaps there are some pickup points that would suit a small rack. Failing that, there are ways to make an impressively large rack that uses the passenger peg mounts.

Does your shock mount to a link or to the swingarm?

Old 02-15-2015, 05:19 PM   #14

pretty sure the shock is bolted to the swing arm but I have pics. Also of what I have to work with for a rack on the rear. thanks Weld
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150215_170359.jpg (82.6 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg 20150215_170440.jpg (99.0 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg 20150215_170459.jpg (96.3 KB, 220 views)

Old 02-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #15

It looks like the shock is mounted to the swingarm, so your lowering options are limited. One way is to remove the existing shock, measure the length and the mounting points, and find a shorter shock on eBay.

If you remove the seat and the rear fender, we might be able to guide you with rack mounting points.