Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2014, 11:17 AM   #31

Hi rascalflyer, I have the 250 Storm, Thanks for sharing, I like the bike. Can you tell me though, what kind of fitting the gas cap has? And have you experienced any leakage when full? My tank is under pressure and as the gas cap body inside is pretty deep, it seems to want to pump the gas out all over the place. This is only when more than 3/4 full. Wasn't sure if yours was a screw fit or push n click type. Thanks.. I wish I could ride this time of year (Michigan) :(
1995 Harley Davidson Chopper build from ground up.
1983 Yamaha XJ900 REBUILT!
1971 Triumph Daytona 500 - Restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Old 12-31-2014, 09:52 PM   #32

Gas Cap

I have the pressure gas cap with the key on it, not the screw kind. I have ran only 4 tank fulls of gas and I haven't experienced any spillage yet. I haven't taken it on any long runs yet though. I wanted to go to Death Valley last weekend but the trip did't happen so I am still waiting to take a longer ride on it.
I have been running it around Nellis Dunes and it is pretty rough terrain, lots of rocks and gravel and no problems with the fuel tank. I even took a spill on it where the bike rolled and it didn't spill any gas out of the tank.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:26 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossbag View Post
Hi rascalflyer, I have the 250 Storm, Thanks for sharing, I like the bike. Can you tell me though, what kind of fitting the gas cap has? And have you experienced any leakage when full? My tank is under pressure and as the gas cap body inside is pretty deep, it seems to want to pump the gas out all over the place. This is only when more than 3/4 full. Wasn't sure if yours was a screw fit or push n click type. Thanks.. I wish I could ride this time of year (Michigan) :(
Don't mean to butt in here, but I am strongly considering the Bashan 250 Storm.. I can't imagine the dealer/supplier not helping you out with a cap off another crated unit. I don't mean that to sound snarky, I just feel like..if you played down your hard earned money for the bike..
Sorry if I missed anything key here.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:51 PM   #34

OK.. Thanks guys.. np fatty.. I did contact them and they said they would send me another.. still waiting though as they said it was on back order. I should give them a nudge. The gas ruined the paint on the left fairing and they did replace that one pretty quick. Thanks.
1995 Harley Davidson Chopper build from ground up.
1983 Yamaha XJ900 REBUILT!
1971 Triumph Daytona 500 - Restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Old 01-05-2015, 01:08 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossbag View Post
OK.. Thanks guys.. np fatty.. I did contact them and they said they would send me another.. still waiting though as they said it was on back order. I should give them a nudge. The gas ruined the paint on the left fairing and they did replace that one pretty quick. Thanks.
Glad to hear your distributor took care of the gasoline damaged plastics.. Getting closer to making a decision. Bashan 250 or the TMEC 200

Old 01-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Thanks Spud! I have been lurking around for a few days reading all the threads. I own a retro Honda Cub/PassPort/Super Cub/Trail 90 China bike and love it. But I am thinking about purchasing a China enduro very soon so I have chosen this forum for all my research. All you guys appear to be extremely knowledgeable, helpful and most of all friendly and will make a great support group.

/
So, which bike is it that you own? Is it the BMS 110cc Metro maybe? How do you like it?

Old 01-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #37

This is what I have. I really like it. Everyone that sees it congratulates me on my restoration. LOL

http://www.powerrideoutlet.com/scoot...-included.html

It came with a 49cc semi auto engine. At this very moment I am in the middle of replacing it with a brand new fully automatic 125cc engine. I am taking a chance on the fully automatic. I am a little worried how it will ride.

/

Old 01-13-2015, 11:52 PM   #38

question on your bike

Can you tell me a bit more about that bike? How did it do as a 49cc? Was it considered a moped where you live? How fast could it go as a 49cc?

Old 01-14-2015, 01:36 AM   #39

As a semi auto 49cc it would move me at 35mph. I am 6'1 and weigh 220lbs. It is considered a scooter where I live. At under 3hp it does not require a motorcycle license in the state of Florida.

/

Old 01-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #40

Have you checked the gas mileage stock? Had any problems with the bike? Here, if it was considered a "moped", it would not have to be insured or licensed. But, it would have to have an annual inspection. It may not qualify as a moped, because, here a moped should be fully automatic. I see in has a fully enclosed chain, which is another spec for a moped.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:49 PM   #41

I never checked it myself but it is supposed to get 118 miles to the gallon.

/

Old 01-27-2015, 12:27 AM   #42

Well it's been a while since I posted anything but work around the Super Bowl is crazy and I haven't been riding much but now I have a list of mods that I want to do to the little bike. I will be sourcing a rack for the rear of the bike and I want to change the foot pegs to wider/longer ones. Next I want to change or remove the kick start lever. It really gets in the way when I put my foot on the peg. I haven't found anything to fault this little bike, all the changes are a matter of preference when riding it. I have gotten really good gas mileage and it is time for the another oil change. Which brings me to my next question, over the years I know some guys use diesel motor oil 10/40 on their bikes. Has any of you ever used it and what results do you get with it. Thanks.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:47 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalflyer View Post
Well it's been a while since I posted anything but work around the Super Bowl is crazy and I haven't been riding much but now I have a list of mods that I want to do to the little bike. I will be sourcing a rack for the rear of the bike and I want to change the foot pegs to wider/longer ones. Next I want to change or remove the kick start lever. It really gets in the way when I put my foot on the peg. I haven't found anything to fault this little bike, all the changes are a matter of preference when riding it. I have gotten really good gas mileage and it is time for the another oil change. Which brings me to my next question, over the years I know some guys use diesel motor oil 10/40 on their bikes. Has any of you ever used it and what results do you get with it. Thanks.
I use 15W/40 motor oil in all my motorcycles; it is very good oil. My Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra) has over 67,000 miles on the odometer. You might enjoy reading the following articles on motor oil.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Oils1.html
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Consumables.html

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-27-2015, 01:19 PM   #44

X2 on 15W40; all of my bikes drink it. Hard to argue with Spud's results.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-14-2015, 07:33 PM   #45

Well I finally got the license plate so it's all legal and can ride it on the street. I am working on a little rack to put on the back. I will post some pics with the rack once I install it.