Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2015, 10:20 AM   #31

Help, I did a video to show where I am at.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:58 PM   #32

I watched your entire video, but it was very difficult to hear, even with volume at max.

You're on the right track to put the gauges aside, until you have the headlight sorted out.

Before we go further, please show us pics of the original gauges and the original handlebar switches.

Do you have a multimeter and a test light? If not, please go to Harbor Freight and buy them. They're both on sale right now for cheap; you'll get both items for less than $15.00 total.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-29-2015, 04:08 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I watched your entire video, but it was very difficult to hear, even with volume at max.

You're on the right track to put the gauges aside, until you have the headlight sorted out.

Before we go further, please show us pics of the original gauges and the original handlebar switches.

Do you have a multimeter and a test light? If not, please go to Harbor Freight and buy them. They're both on sale right now for cheap; you'll get both items for less than $15.00 total.
Yes I do have a Multimeter and a test light my neighbor made me.

** You may need Headphones to hear it better, sorry **

Damn the sound was not loud enough, arg.. sorry. At least you see what I'm trying to do.

The bike did not come with gauges, the only original switch on the bike was the starter button and I believe kill switch the one on the left hand side in the video.

I don't know where to begin when it comes to installing the headlight/rear taillight. Also I don't have a taillight switch, I just want to hardwire it, so when I turn my headlight on the rear tail light will come on as well.

I did like what Spud said about having it wired to the ignition switch so that when I do turn off the bike my lights will automatically go off too. Its a good idea just to save my battery.. You know those days when you forget things! hehehe

Old 03-30-2015, 10:28 AM   #34

None of us have a taillight switch; the most you'll ever see is a park light setting, like in a car. Otherwise, the taillight is either on when the engine is running, or when the lights are on.

I recommend that you try to use the stock wiring harness, and not the Baja harness. One way to do that is to buy a cheap headlight switch on eBay, that has the same connector as your bike (which should be easy). Just search for "motorcycle headlight switch", and then filter for lowest price and shipping. You should find a switch that has a high/low headlight switch, a turn signal switch and a horn button.

It looks like your bike got the same wiring harness as a street legal version, so it's only a matter of plugging in what you want. The Baja harness would require more effort.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-30-2015, 02:46 PM   #35

diagram of kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
None of us have a taillight switch; the most you'll ever see is a park light setting, like in a car. Otherwise, the taillight is either on when the engine is running, or when the lights are on.

I recommend that you try to use the stock wiring harness, and not the Baja harness. One way to do that is to buy a cheap headlight switch on eBay, that has the same connector as your bike (which should be easy). Just search for "motorcycle headlight switch", and then filter for lowest price and shipping. You should find a switch that has a high/low headlight switch, a turn signal switch and a horn button.

It looks like your bike got the same wiring harness as a street legal version, so it's only a matter of plugging in what you want. The Baja harness would require more effort.

This is the info I got with the Baja Kit List.
http://www.bajadesigns.com/Resources...50%2006-on.pdf

hmmmmm...
Is there away I can just setup the Light switch and the wiring that comes from the switch.. I know there is a White and Black wire there, not to sure what they do. I am looking at the diagram and Im kinda confused.

I also got this in my kit, I called them and he said that the two black wires/male and female plug into the stock harness. The black male plugs into the stock harness and the female black too? Then the other side, the female black plugs into the light switch male black, and the green female plugs into the male white????????? hmmmm hmmmmmm

If anyone has any good suggestions, please help me.. Id rather stick with the switch I have, and Im open to any ideas.

I will show you a picture of what it looks like....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4152.jpg (97.6 KB, 93 views)

Old 03-30-2015, 09:01 PM   #36

So I found this diagram of the official CRF230 bike harness.

Question: Why is there a peg tail wire connection that came with the kit, does this do anything or just continue the current to follow the main wire line?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/625...iring-diagram/

Could someone help me figure this out on how to wire up this headlight/taillight. I need some confirmation if this will work.

Thanks

Old 03-30-2015, 09:39 PM   #37

Trying to find a Good Light Switch for my Bike that Will Fit properly.

Please help, if anyone knows what to do..

Thanks,
Kev