Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2015, 11:21 PM   #1

Any tips? Help Thanks!

Hi, I have a lot of different questions maybe someone can guide me into the right area.

1# I bought a Cockpit for a the Lifan 200gy2 of ebay, it said in the ad that it (Fits LF200) When I tried to screw it on the gas tank the thread count was totally different. The cockpit looked exactly the same except the thread count. Any tips on what I should do, you think I will be able to email the supplier and see if they have a different type of cockpit?

2# I also got a new Speedo/Odometer hooked up to the bike and everything works great, still learning the setup guide etc, Im going to disconnect the battery to re-enter into the setup mode by holding the left or right button to set tire size etc. Anyone know anything about this speedo let me know thanks, its from China, got it from ebay.

(The only thing I wish I got was a Sensor Gear display, if anyone knows anything about this or if there is such an item that can hook on the Handle bars to show N, 1,2,3 etc. The bike has two wires for the gear sensor and I would like to hook them up if I can buy something to make it work. I don't have much room on the front area of the bike to mount so any ideas would be great.)

3# Also looking for a horn, and a left right blinkers, I really want to get the bike certified for the road, I don't know where to start without spending so much money. I have a Baja Kit wiring for the lights, and they gave me a switch with LOW/HIGH /OFF/KILL. I was going to maybe wire up the (KILL) button for the Horn. hmm or should I buy 1 switch with everything on it?

4# I went to my nearest bike shop, and still learning about the wiring system in my bike and Ive learned a lot about it. I have my taillight installed and ready for the wiring, my shop said I can buy one of these brake switches, and he had two sizes, he told me to take a picture of the back brake system so we can figure out what size to get. I was not sure on what he was talking about, but this brake switch will need to be wired of on something, and he told me that I will have to drain my brake lines to get this switch installed. If anyone knows what size of brake switch I need for the LF200 gy2 2007, please help me. I will be doing this myself for learning and understanding how things work with the bike.

5# I haven't called my insurance company and road rules for having a bike on the road. Would anyone know what is needed to have a bike on the road in Canada/Ontario, Will I need a Horn, Lights, Blinkers, day time lights etc, how much would it cost,, should I go to the 500$ test to teach me how to ride, or just go do the test? Let me know if your suggestions.

Before and After Pictures

Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullbikeright.jpg (92.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4178.jpg (100.4 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4179.jpg (96.3 KB, 58 views)

Old 05-18-2015, 11:24 PM   #2

Proper Way to Drain Brake Fluid?

Any tips on changing brake lines etc, never did this before.

Thanks!
Kev

Old 05-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #3

I bought this horn and it's loud.
http://www.amazon.com/Chris-Products...5+Decibal+0815

Nice bike. I like what you did to it.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
Any tips on changing brake lines etc, never did this before.

Thanks!
Kev
You might enjoy reading the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=7084

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894