Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2015, 08:28 PM   #1

China Speedo/ Odometer Problems entering into Setup

I got my new speedo from Hong Kong,
This is what it looks like.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Odom...8178a5&vxp=mtr

I installed the wires, and glues the magnet on my wheel, and installed a bracket that the black Sensor is locked on with Nuts.

I tried moving the sensor back 1 inch away and really close 5 ml away.
I was still not getting any readings, or getting into the Setup.

I have tried a few things to see if would work, someone told me I hold the right button down for couple of secs and it will eventually go into a setup mode. This does not work for me. I tried to disconnect my battery and then connecting it again to make it reboot and first boot-up. This does not work, When I did disconnect it and reconnected it, the Digital screen starts up and does its count up powering. Is this ok?

I was able to change things on the display like the TIME, and I was able to switch to TRIP A, also this area that I can enter a number from 1200 to 2100 I believe. Im not to sure what this number is. Also an area where I can do either 1 or 5 in the first area, the 2nd area I can either 1 or 2, 1 = KM and 2 = MPH and I think an area for 2 or 4 , 2 = 2 stroke and 4= 4 stroke.. Im not 100% sure if I am right but if anyone can help me in any way.

Thanks

Old 05-25-2015, 06:47 AM   #2

Can you post a link to the instructions that came with the unit or upload an image if it is a one-pager? I note the seller says it is for a 4 stroke / disc brake motorcycle.
Velocettes (various)
Piaggio's / Honda's / Yamaha's
Raptor . . . . the List Goes On . . . .

Old 05-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #3

Having done some research for you, it looks very similar to the Koso RX1N Black Face GP Style Motorcycle Speedo Cockpit Display that retails for about USD250 - looks almost identical.

Attached in the link are the install instructions which may be of help to you if the Chinese version you got with your unit isn't as comprehensive. It does say make sure the north face of the magnet you fit to your disk brake is pointing to the sensor, so I would check that first, then follow the wiring diagram through against what you have wired up wire-by-wire.

Other than the speedo, does everything else work O.K. (indicator / high beam / rev counter etc.)? You said you glued the magnet(s) - where did you glue it (them)? The gap should be no more than 8mm on the Koso usit. When installed, did you spin the wheel to see if it got a reading?

The instructions below also give you the button presses needed to get into setup.

Installation notes

Let us know how you get on as this will be of interest to others who are going to change their instruments - especially if they can buy one for under USD50 instead of USD250 ! !

Jeff
Velocettes (various)
Piaggio's / Honda's / Yamaha's
Raptor . . . . the List Goes On . . . .

Last edited by JTHSPACE; 05-25-2015 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Added more info / typo