Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #1

Ebay seller Motosports Unlimited

Be advised, the ebay dealer, Motosports Unlimited, is nothing short of clueless. He is selling pit bikes 70cc to 125cc, and dirt bikes 150cc to 250cc.
Be very careful if you buy from him. Use a money order that's refundable, and mail it to him using verified return receipt mail, the type of mail he has to sign for, proving he received it. I mailed him a money order, he cashed it 7 days after I sent it, then about two weeks later, he turned me into ebay for non-payment. I had to prove to ebay that he cashed the check, which wasn't hard to do. I used a money order from my bank. They knew right down to the day, hour, even the exact minute that he cashed it. Then the clueless fool e-mails me and says that he's out of stock on these bikes. He's listing them on ebay, but doesn't have any in stock to ship. It took 56 days (that's right, fifty six days) from the time he cashed my check, to the time I received the bike. Watch out for his shipping fees also. He charges $349 for shipping the larger bikes. I didn't know better at the time, so I bid on and won the bike. I mean I knew he charged that much, I just thought it was a fair rate. A while after I bought this bike, I bought another China bike from a different source. The other dealer charged me $199 shipping. Happens both warehouses were in LasVegas. So both bikes came from the same city, to the same place, my home. One charged $349 shipping, the other $199. Then to top it off, both bikes came via the same trucking company, and the same driver even, about 2 weeks apart. So it's easy to say, Motosports Unlimited is overcharging for shipping. That's how he can sell his bikes cheaper then other ebay dealers. He makes it up in shipping. Over charging for shipping is a violation on ebay. I told ebay what I just told you, and of course, ebay did nothing. He's a Power Seller, and Power Seller's can do no wrong.
Motosports Unlimited hasn't the first idea which end is up when it comes to motorcycles, and parts WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE to get from him. I know, I've tried. Luckly I haven't needed any parts, I just wanted some. He's clueless when it comes to parts replacement. I ordered a 17 tooth front sprocket for mine, he sent me a 15 tooth that wouldn't even fit the countershaft. Then he sent me another, it fit the shaft, but was still a 15 tooth. I guess the guy doesn't know how to count to 17. This all happened a few months ago, and he has yet to refund my money. I did a dispute on my Visa card and lost. He claimed that he sent me the right sprocket, I claim it's wrong. (I can count to 17) My Visa company believed him over me. I should say my EX-Visa company, because I closed the account with them. Any how, BUYER BEWARE when dealing with Motosports Unlimited.