Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2015, 06:32 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
It could be 229. Nevertheless, I'd start with a 115 main and a 30 slow jet, and go from there. Watch the plug.

If it idles well and runs at WOT throttle well, play with the jet needle height. I like to start in the middle position.

If you need to back out the pilot mixture screw (the awful screw under the carb, near the intake tube) more than two turns to make it idle, you need a larger slow jet.

Try to find an assortment of jets on eBay, so you can easily change them to whatever you wish. I follow the tip of another rider on this forum, and write the jet sizes on the bowl with a Sharpie.
OK will do and thank you. Do you happen to know what jets the mikuni comes with? I will p!ay with it this weekend maybe. I work morning to late afternoon all week and unless I do it early its just to freaking hot here. When it's bearable, its too dark. No garage. But thanks as always.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #77

100 main and 20 slow. Probably about right for 150cc at sea level.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-12-2015, 06:43 PM   #78

BTW, the main jets are officially called N100.604, and the slow jets are VM28/486. That may help in your eBay searches.

Just unbolt the carb and take it inside the house.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-12-2015, 09:03 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
BTW, the main jets are officially called N100.604, and the slow jets are VM28/486. That may help in your eBay searches.
Thanks. Very useful info... as opposed to my method of getting the micrometer out and measuring the dang things... always the hard way...

Old 10-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #80

So after waiting a week, the black plastics for my hawk finally arrive. But when I open the box I find that the plastics RPS shipped were for a completely different motorcycle. I will contact them shortly. I really hope they can resolve this for me.

Old 10-16-2015, 05:42 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
So after waiting a week, the black plastics for my hawk finally arrive. But when I open the box I find that the plastics RPS shipped were for a completely different motorcycle. I will contact them shortly. I really hope they can resolve this for me.
Well, that's no good. I didn't ship them so I don't know what happened. We have all the parts though, just call back.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:31 AM   #82

I'm glad you're here, Adam. I suspect your presence will help several riders.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:54 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldangrind View Post
i'm glad you're here, adam. I suspect your presence will help several riders.
x2.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-17-2015, 09:18 PM   #84

A note to the jet drillers: if you go to far with the size of the drilled jet, just solder it shut and start over and don't use the last drill that made it too big!

I had over 5000 miles on a soldered jet when a dog got under the front wheel and wrecked to scooter and at that time it was running perfect.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:46 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
...just solder it shut and start over and don't use the last drill that made it too big!...
Use the proper stuff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solder as possible. Higher tin (Sn) = Higher tensile and shear strengths. Pls leave those good old 60/40 | 63/37 to electronic components ONLY. Lead-free is good for electric wire joints & "this" jet repair.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:01 PM   #86

So, lead-free and high tin solder for brass carb jets? If so, I suspect that plumbing solder would also be the correct compound, except that it is too large to work with.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:54 PM   #87

I do not remember what I used, either 60/40 or 50/50 is what I normally have in shop but it did hold up well and seeing that solder is a temp solution to find what you need to buy for jets. I just kept drilling bigger, got impatient and skipped a size! Never did buy the correct one but I was thinking about it! john

Old 10-21-2015, 05:35 PM   #88

Hi there weldandgrind !! Just wondering if you no where I could find a new front and rear sprocket ? A 14 tooth on the front and 49 on the rear ??

Old 10-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #89

Please tell us what you're riding. Pics would help.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #90

Hi I will start saving I want to be in ine foe one of those taurus 2x2 . Do you have more info when exactly it will be able to be ordered . Can I pre order ? I want one ever since I seen the first video

motorcycle: lifan dual sport "crankenstein"
Born of parts from all over the globe,laying rubber in a town near you!