Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2015, 08:12 PM   #1

Qujos Trailmaster 200/Kubota Z482 build.

Hello all. I have been a long time reader of this website and have finally built my first (of hopefully many) diesel motorcycles. I still must powdercoat all the fabbed steel parts. I also need to see about getting this bike to somehow reach 70mph. So far I have only achieved 52 mph with the CVT I am using in its highest ratio. I am considering a 5 speed but really want to maximize the use of this first since I have invested all the time and funds in a number of extra belts. If a 5 speed will indeed be that much more efficient in the long run due to less friction/heat loss I really should go in that direction. In the interest of reaching my target top speed if any of you have some ideas on what I can do to the injection pump or governor that would be appreciated. I have already adjusted the fuel screw but that has only created more smoke. I do have on hand a VZ21 turbo but I would like to see what is possible first with just minor NA mods. I have posted a photo diary of my DIESEL (nainenkikan/internal combustion engine in Japanese) on my FB page: Jefferson Bello. I hope you like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-09-24 13.52.17.jpg (96.3 KB, 172 views)

Old 10-31-2015, 09:38 PM   #2

Welcome. I think this is the first Japanese diesel powered China bike that I have seen. Please start a thread in the dual sport forum. What size sprockets?

Old 11-01-2015, 01:15 AM   #3

Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

I looked up the specs of the Z482, and it seems to have a displacement of 479cc; my guess is that you could easily hit 70MPH with the right gearing, as long as you can keep the engine around the torque peak. Any idea what RPM that would occur at?

If you're so inclined, I'd love to see more of the bike. I'd especially like to see the CVT cover removed.

Do you think there's room for a separate transmission? It looks a little tight for that. Can you change the existing sprocket sizes?

Please tell us about that front disc brake. It looks huge! I'm loving the ammo box panniers.

Are you seriously carrying that bike on the back of a car?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-01-2015, 02:27 AM   #4

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894