Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2016, 07:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Lz... green sticker, does that mean it could be converted to street use and plated in CA? It looks like a strong built unit.
No such luck. It means that one can ride the bike year-round where off-road vehicles are allowed and designated. If California still has the red-sticker program; those vehicles can only be used during certain calendar times of the year. 2LZ can clarify if the red-sticker bikes are limited to certain riding areas as well as certain times of year.

Either way--where they used to plate pretty much anything (on two wheels), California has long plugged that loophole, meaning green-sticker bikes will remain green-sticker bikes, nothing else. :(

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-08-2016, 12:30 PM   #17

Welcome ptnaidu,

Nice to see another Sacramenton on these forums! Nice looking ride right there.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
No such luck. It means that one can ride the bike year-round where off-road vehicles are allowed and designated. If California still has the red-sticker program; those vehicles can only be used during certain calendar times of the year. 2LZ can clarify if the red-sticker bikes are limited to certain riding areas as well as certain times of year.

Either way--where they used to plate pretty much anything (on two wheels), California has long plugged that loophole, meaning green-sticker bikes will remain green-sticker bikes, nothing else. :(
That pretty much covers it. The high end MX bikes and others are Red Sticker. Only certain times of year or only on closed courses, from what I understand. I steer clear of any Red Sticker like the plague. My Old Husky has been grandfathered in as a Green Sticker, though it's tagged as "competiton only" and is a two stroke.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #19

Welcome to the forum!

Nice bike. Can you ride out by Sutter Butte?

Old 04-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
That pretty much covers it. The high end MX bikes and others are Red Sticker. Only certain times of year or only on closed courses, from what I understand. I steer clear of any Red Sticker like the plague. My Old Husky has been grandfathered in as a Green Sticker, though it's tagged as "competiton only" and is a two stroke.
Its a shame so many beautiful places to ride have been closed off. A plate gets you into the National Forests but many trails have been closed there as well.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Welcome ptnaidu,

Nice to see another Sacramenton on these forums! Nice looking ride right there.
Thanks Swampy! Yet to take my bike out, waiting for the paperwork from the seller to get my DMV stickers. I was going to start with mammoth bar trail, but let me know if you have any good recommendations.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Nice bike. Can you ride out by Sutter Butte?
Thanks!

Yes, will try. The bike is red stickered in California.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Sharp bike!
Thanks weldengrind and everyone!

Per your suggestion on a different thread, changed the carburetor to Mikuni.. wow, what a difference it makes. No more idling issues, the bike sounds better, rides and performs a lot better.

Thanks a lot.. I might change the spark plug, but waiting to take it off road as soon as I get my DMV stickers. Waiting on MSO and bill of sale from the seller now.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Its a shame so many beautiful places to ride have been closed off. A plate gets you into the National Forests but many trails have been closed there as well.
Yep agree. I did the research, found plenty trails open year round here in Sacramento, CA for what I want to do -- mostly trail riding.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:51 AM   #25

Quote:
I really like those and yes, they're actually legal for Green sticker here! :-)
Sharp bike!...but they do come jetted horribly lean.
Here ya go, I moved your bike from Australia to CA.
2LZ,

Thanks!

I got the paperwork from the reseller yesterday, the MSO shows this bike as Apollo ADR 250 -- off road. It is 17 H.P, 2-Cyl, 375 GVWR, manufactured by Zhejiang Apollo Motorcycle Manufacturer Co., Ltd. However I can't find this bike on CARB website: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/cert.php#6.

I have a DMV appointment later this week, but the fact that it's not on CARB worries me. The 8th character on the VIN is neither "C" nor "3" -- per DMV for red sticker. The bike was sold as California legal, supposedly red sticker.

How sure are you that this bike is Green Stickered in California?

Old 04-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #26

Hope to heck that it can be green stickered for your trail riding. Red only would keep you off the trails……….. Good Luck

Old 04-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptnaidu View Post
2LZ,

Thanks!

I got the paperwork from the reseller yesterday, the MSO shows this bike as Apollo ADR 250 -- off road. It is 17 H.P, 2-Cyl, 375 GVWR, manufactured by Zhejiang Apollo Motorcycle Manufacturer Co., Ltd. However I can't find this bike on CARB website: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/cert.php#6.

I have a DMV appointment later this week, but the fact that it's not on CARB worries me. The 8th character on the VIN is neither "C" nor "3" -- per DMV for red sticker. The bike was sold as California legal, supposedly red sticker.

How sure are you that this bike is Green Stickered in California?
Actually I thought it was green stickered but now I can't find it on the Superior Power Sports or Power Sports Max websites. It WAS in the CA legal section in one of those sites for quite a while. I think it was SPS, right next to the SSR XF250. You may want to contact them directly via phone. Who'd you get it from??? According to these guys, it's CA legal. They don't specify sticker color:
http://www.motobuys.com/apollo-arg36-250-db.html

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-27-2016, 02:03 AM   #28

Quote:
Actually I thought it was green stickered but now I can't find it on the Superior Power Sports or Power Sports Max websites. It WAS in the CA legal section in one of those sites for quite a while. I think it was SPS, right next to the SSR XF250. You may want to contact them directly via phone. Who'd you get it from??? According to these guys, it's CA legal. They don't specify sticker color:
http://www.motobuys.com/apollo-arg36-250-db.html
The person I talked to at CARB confirmed it is green sticker as well: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/...930004_223.pdf

With most SSRs being red stickered here in CA, I was going for red sticker too.

Got my DMV green sticker today, can't wait to hit some trails this weekend.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:05 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Hope to heck that it can be green stickered for your trail riding. Red only would keep you off the trails……….. Good Luck
Thanks Swampy, got my green sticker today.. Send my way any suggestions you may have for a beginner.probably hitting Priaire city this weekend.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:58 PM   #30

Ptnaidu,

I enjoy riding in the Eldorado National Forest. Its further than Prairie City but there are miles and miles of tracks to ride with a lot fewer folks around. I have ridden a lot up Hwy 50 south of Strawberry. All the National Forests have trails to ride and there specific areas just for off roading. This link will take you to the three in El Dorado.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/eldo...71008&actid=93

I want to give Elkins Flat OHV Trail System a try. Not too far past Prairie City and nice this time of year. I have done a lot of miles at Prairie City but it’s pretty small and I like to see new ground.

Cheers!