Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2016, 02:40 AM   #1

Watch reminder national geographic network

RIDING MOROCCO: CHASING THE DAKAR

Two adventure riders take on the journey of a lifetime travelling through Morocco, on former tracks of the Paris-Dakar Rally, in a new National Geographic program to be released called “Riding Morocco: Chasing the Dakar.” One rider, Christophe Barriere-Varju, has competed in the Dakar Rally four times. The other, Australian fashion model Laura Csortan, has never set a wheel off-road before.

Starting in Marrakech, Morocco, they must make their way through mountains, gorges, rivers and deserts to reach the Moroccan Sahara. Christophe will be sharing his knowledge of what it takes to be an off-road adventurer while Laura will be pushing her biking skills to the limits and experiencing a journey like never before. Will they make it to their final destination of the Sahara Desert or will the journey of a lifetime be too much for an off-road novice?
Christophe and Laura will be riding through North Africa, astride two Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin adventure motorcycles. On their extraordinary journey, they will experience breathtakingly beautiful valleys and expansive vistas, making new friends along the way.

Christophe will be riding the manual-transmission Africa Twin, while Laura will enjoy traversing the expansive continent on the DCT model, which does not require clutch operation. No doubt, they will experience the ride of a lifetime.

Broadcast begins Tuesday, June 14 in over 170 countries and regions. In the US, “Riding Morocco: Chasing the Dakar” will air on Friday, June 17 at 6 p.m. EST. For more information, visit the National Geographic Channel’s website.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-15-2016, 03:13 AM   #2

No plastic Scott boots? It sounds like fun.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:06 AM   #3

Get ready for the h.a.twin commercials!

Can't let BMW get too far out in front.

All good for the 2 wheel variety.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-15-2016, 03:33 PM   #4

Hehe

Is it just me?
to start with, outfits look a bit 'winterish' for the Sahara..er black garb and helmet? non mesh? no chrome dome shade? wonder when they filmed this. I would REALLY like to see the support caravan...

If you've EVER been in the sahara, you've NEVER seen anyone dressed like this!
Looks more like an inside air- conditioned Mad Avenue marketing shoot in front of a blue screen (anyone see any dust being blown by the wind straightening out her hair?)
anyone remember the moon landing scene in the Bond movie "Diamonds are Forever"?

Last point, you try to take a woman looking like that through there and you better bring an army of heavily armed 'quality 'security peeps. There are a LOT of potentates who'd pay big bucks...
NOT to mention, using the former Dakar track, (which they quit using cause it was too dangerous) as her first off pavement ride? on a Litre racing replica? This girl better be TALL, STRONG as the New zealand girl who played the female lead in Spartacus , and Xena, warrior pricess (big girl).
This whole thing sounds nutz.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Last edited by SeerAtlas; 06-15-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #5

Grin

seer. this is the reason for my previous post. this is going to be neat to watch, as long as everybody understands it all part of the unveiling of the a.twin. media blitz and not just a random adventure show featuring motorcycles. careful product placement to make you think, i want a 15k motorcycle.

motorcycles and pretty women....better yet, pretty women riding motorcycles !

Old 06-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #6

Thumbs Up

I hear you Black but if I was this girl, one fall on that what, 600 lb honda, and i'd be replaceing my management lol.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-16-2016, 12:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
I hear you Black but if I was this girl, one fall on that what, 600 lb honda, and i'd be replaceing my management lol.
Right seer, that's a lot to manage for a qualified rider . Wow is it really 6? Tonight I slipped a rear on a accelerated curve on gravel but 9nly weighs with bike and rider 500 and recovered.This novice will have her hands full . With 1000 cc that easy to get sideways.