Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2016, 01:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
He probably figured it out and we will never hear from him again on what the cause was which sucks.
sorry but i was out of town for the weekend, I'm back home now trying to solve this problem

Old 08-29-2016, 01:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
Re-reading his second post ,the car does crank ,has fuel ,and probably no spark .He needs to help us help him at this point .
how can i help you help me?

Old 08-29-2016, 01:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I once had an old Jetmoto enduro that came with a 200cc Zongshen engine. Had the same issues and it turned out to be a fouled spark plug. I would change the plug to begin.
i put a brand new plug in it, still not firing up, this thing has less than 10 miles on it, i rode it the night before and all i did was park in the garage, hit the kill switch to turn it off, came back the next day after work to turn it on and it didn't fire up

Old 08-29-2016, 01:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDoug View Post
Can you short out the starter solenoid to get it to crank?
i haven't tried this because the button works, the engine is turning over but after about 15 seconds the carb overflows and i smell gas, so i know gas isn't the problem, changed the spark plug so its not the plug

Old 08-29-2016, 02:07 PM   #20

ok so heres and update, i tested the coil with a multimeter and i from what i watched and listened to on youtube, i think my coil is bad, I'm going to see if i can buy a coil in a local store, and ill swap it out, if thats my problem ill post another update, and if its not the problem ill still post letting you guys know it wasn't the problem

Old 08-29-2016, 02:28 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicbarber View Post
ok so heres and update, i tested the coil with a multimeter and i from what i watched and listened to on youtube, i think my coil is bad, I'm going to see if i can buy a coil in a local store, and ill swap it out, if thats my problem ill post another update, and if its not the problem ill still post letting you guys know it wasn't the problem
Sounds plausible. While you wait you need to get the bike up on a stand and get her naked and check ALL THE WIRES for cuts abrasions, routing especially around the steering yoak. You need to fool proof this thing (as you said) so you won't get fooled again.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-29-2016, 04:42 PM   #22

purchased the coil on amazon, will get here tomorrow, i will let you guys know as soon as i install it if it was the coil

Old 08-29-2016, 05:15 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicbarber View Post
how can i help you help me?
You can help us help you by answering our questions ,which you are now doing .If we offer a suggestion ,and you ignore it or don't tell us what you found ,then you are not helping us help you .I think if your bike is flooding so bad it's overflowing in 15 seconds ,then you probably have a stuck needle in your carb ,but we were not told that info until this afternoon .I would at this point ,fix the needle ,replace the spark plug that is now fouled too bad ,then ride my bike .

Old 08-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #24

It is very unlikely the coil is bad. Not impossible but unlikely.

/

Old 08-29-2016, 06:38 PM   #25

Quote:
You can help us help you by answering our questions ,which you are now doing .If we offer a suggestion ,and you ignore it or don't tell us what you found ,then you are not helping us help you .I think if your bike is flooding so bad it's overflowing in 15 seconds ,then you probably have a stuck needle in your carb ,but we were not told that info until this afternoon .I would at this point ,fix the needle ,replace the spark plug that is now fouled too bad ,then ride my bike .
i do appologize for the late respone, i was out of town the past 2 days, how would i go about fixing the needle? i have a new plug in it now

Old 08-29-2016, 06:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
It is very unlikely the coil is bad. Not impossible but unlikely.

/
i already ordered it so if its not the coil then i guess i have a spare coil at this point, I'm just really trying to do my best to get the bike on

Old 08-29-2016, 07:12 PM   #27

No need to apologize ,my comments were to the rest of us throwing things out there when we had not heard how you made out with the first suggestions .
You can gently tap on the side of the carb with a small hammer and possibly get lucky ,or you can take the float bowl off the carb and probably just give the float a wiggle .Having a sticky needle or float is pretty common with these bikes when new .
I know you replaced the plug ,but after you flood your bike like it sounds like you have done ,it usually means a new plug after you fix the carb issue .You might try taking a propane torch to the business end of the plug and burning the fuel like that ,but even that doesn't work a lot of the time .I also recommend that you kick the bike over 5-10 times without the plug in it and with the fuel shut off after you fix up your carb to blow any remaining fuel out of the cylinder .
Good luck

Old 08-29-2016, 07:36 PM   #28

I totally forgot--CDi sometimes have a bad habit of going out--more likely than the coil. ON my TMEC, it is under the seat, but not sure where your Hawk guys CDi is. Very cheap and easy fix.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-29-2016, 07:54 PM   #29

Quote:
No need to apologize ,my comments were to the rest of us throwing things out there when we had not heard how you made out with the first suggestions .
You can gently tap on the side of the carb with a small hammer and possibly get lucky ,or you can take the float bowl off the carb and probably just give the float a wiggle .Having a sticky needle or float is pretty common with these bikes when new .
I know you replaced the plug ,but after you flood your bike like it sounds like you have done ,it usually means a new plug after you fix the carb issue .You might try taking a propane torch to the business end of the plug and burning the fuel like that ,but even that doesn't work a lot of the time .I also recommend that you kick the bike over 5-10 times without the plug in it and with the fuel shut off after you fix up your carb to blow any remaining fuel out of the cylinder .
Good luck

thanks, my brother in law said he will take a look at it wednesday since he knows more about it than i do. i will have him try what you said as well

Old 08-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I totally forgot--CDi sometimes have a bad habit of going out--more likely than the coil. ON my TMEC, it is under the seat, but not sure where your Hawk guys CDi is. Very cheap and easy fix.
its under the seat as well, the bike was one for less than an hour so it would be weird if it did go out, its weird as it is now because its a new bike and this is happening, but i will definitely keep this in mind if the coil doesn't do the trick