Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2016, 02:25 PM   #1

Superior Powersports

I ordered a Apollo Dirtbike and two atv's from Superior on 8/26. I tried to call them today just to get an update on the order but the phone number on their website and the local one I found go right to a message saying the mailbox is full and then hangs up on me. There is no options just the message and click. Makes me a little nervous but I did use a Credit Card for that reason. I will update hopefully when I get the order :/.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:50 PM   #2

Welcome!

Thanks for sharing that info. Please let us know what happens.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-31-2016, 04:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsire79 View Post
I ordered a Apollo Dirtbike and two atv's from Superior on 8/26. I tried to call them today just to get an update on the order but the phone number on their website and the local one I found go right to a message saying the mailbox is full and then hangs up on me. There is no options just the message and click. Makes me a little nervous but I did use a Credit Card for that reason. I will update hopefully when I get the order :/.
I bought a bike from them and got it but never got ANY after sale support. Lets hope there just having problems with there phone system Try them again later and you should get through. I just tried them to check my warranty parts and I got through.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #4

I did end up getting ahold of them today and they are shipping out either Friday or Tuesday. Lady was very pleasant and answered all my questions so I am happy about that. I will update when I receive the order.

It seems like when I did my research most of the places were pretty poor with after the sale service so I kinda went into it with that expectation and don't really plan on using them for any parts/issues. I look at it as an incentive to upgrade the part if it is bad lol.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:53 PM   #5

Quote:
I did end up getting ahold of them today and they are shipping out either Friday or Tuesday. Lady was very pleasant and answered all my questions so I am happy about that. I will update when I receive the order.

It seems like when I did my research most of the places were pretty poor with after the sale service so I kinda went into it with that expectation and don't really plan on using them for any parts/issues. I look at it as an incentive to upgrade the part if it is bad lol.
I do so many mods to mine when I get them I would not even try for a warrant part I just upgrade as I go why spend time replacing crappy parts with more crappy parts

Old 09-15-2016, 10:54 AM   #6

Thumbs Up

Just wanted to post an update....

I received my order on 9/14. Came in good shape with a few dings from shipping but overall I am pretty satisfied. Like I said before though I know the after delivery support sucks so if anything has issues I doubt Superior will help but getting it to me they did everything they said. Now for the fun part, Building!

Old 09-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #7

Thumbs Down

Quote:

I received my order on 9/14. Came in good shape with a few dings from shipping but overall I am pretty satisfied. Like I said before though I know the after delivery support sucks so if anything has issues I doubt Superior will help but getting it to me they did everything they said. Now for the fun part, Building!
Ya the bike I got from them had some broken parts. Been waiting for about a month for the warranty parts. No luck.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #8

Quote:

You have the right attitude when dealing with any of these "box store" websites. It's why you get it for dirt cheap. I didn't expect anything from SPS when I got my Rhino. I had one broken plastic part on it and they fulfilled my expectation! They did nothing..........

I paid more for my TT250....and CSC has been perfectly responsive on every one of my needs.

We had a saying in an old company I worked for. "There's the best price, the best service and the best product. Which two of the three do you want?"

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-14-2016, 07:19 PM   #9

Just wanted to give a final review. I received the paperwork for my purchases today. Took about a month and a half to get it which was a long time. I was worried that I would have to pay fines for not titling in the first month but Superior dated all the materials as of 4 days ago so that was nice of them. They were friendly when I called and asked about the paperwork and gave me an accurate time frame for when I would receive it. Overall I am happy with the transaction. Order was smooth all three vehicles came undamaged and they were courteous and gave me correct info the 2x I had to call them. I didn't use the warranty so no comment on that but I don't plan on it either. I will wrench myself if anything breaks...

Old 10-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #10

Congrats now we need some photos!

/

Old 03-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #11

New Owner

I went to Superior Powersports website this morning because I remember that they were owned by Powerrideoutlet, if I remember correctly and I was reading that thread.

Apparently they are under a new ownership(?) or maybe the old owners went belly up and renamed themselves? I don't know.
They now state their parent company is Veloz Powersports and the website has been slightly refreshed.

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/default.asp

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 03-11-2017, 11:16 AM   #12

I bought a Roketa 150 quad and a coolster 125 from them in 2013 no broken parts and they still ride well. I ordered two Rhinos from them last week and after pulling the trigger found out they were under new management. The Veloz name in fine print on the Superior website got me curious and I called them back and spoke to Jim. He said the new company was Bike.cc and they had a warehouse in Chino, Calf. I told him I felt misled by all this as though one company was selling product using another's website. I asked him where the quads were coming from and he said Chino. When I checked tracking the damned bikes were coming from Dallas, TX. Both bikes are at the terminal in Phoenix. I am accepting delivery on Monday, 3/13/2017. I intend to Video the delivery so we can see how this all goes down. But there is NO MORE Superior Power Sports.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #13

Ice Bear and Roketa are based in or near Chino. Taotao's largest warehouse (they have at least 3 or 4), although not their headquarters, is in Chino (largest since all their product is shipped through the Port of L.A., and gets distributed from there). I am guessing that we (I live in Yuma) and you in Phoenix would get our bikes shipped from Chino. I know I have had a scooter and a quad come from Chino to me. But...since this new company called Bike.cc (I Googled them directly, and they have a separate site) is based in Texas https://bike.cc/pages/about-us I figure it is anyone's guess as to where their bikes will come from?! I wonder why anyone would bother to take over Superiorpowersports seeing all the negatives about them. I know I would rather start from scratch...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #14

Just placed an order with them for a Brozz. I am hoping for the best so far all seems OK

Old 03-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I wonder why anyone would bother to take over Superiorpowersports seeing all the negatives about them. I know I would rather start from scratch...
You know how it goes with these mega-warehouse box store websites. You get them for so cheap because they have no service and don't have to pay for a service staff or brick and mortar store. As the old night time comedy show said "How do vee do eet!? "WOLUME!".

I'm not saying accidents don't happen in shipping times or shipping damage, but I really feel that the vast majority of the bad reviews are from folks who have no idea what the CB World is all about, and have very little experience wrenching or assembly (picture the drunk Christmas Eve dad with a bicycle and crescent wrench) and expect them to run perfectly out of box.

With companies like SPS, PSM and some others, they move so much product, s--ts bound to happen. After all, it's rare that people rant about how perfectly things went.
Every one of these box store sites are a dice roll. So far, I've been lucky. It's why CSC has such rave reviews. They're a REAL shop and really care about their customers, not just a warehouse with a bank of phones manned by college students.

When the time comes I get Mrs. 2LZ her Coolster, I'll pick one of the two CA based mega-sites (PSM or SPS)....and cross my fingers. So far I've had luck with SPS but if they now warehouse out of Texas, I may avoid that. I need someone who can play the CA DMV game that's required here, not just mail me a bill of sale and MSO.

2009 Q Link XP 200