Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #12

I think

I think Bruce ( EJCYCLES ) here could give much more enlightenment on the GAP issues with these China Street bikes . He knows way more than I do about them . I use NGK plugs and I runt he gaps a little tighter than the CHina man wants me too, but it works for me and I still get the right amount of carbon or lack of carbon built up on the tip, so it is a guessing game, trial and error anyway, along with Carb adjustments to find what your bike likes witha tighter or more open gap. You generally have to adjust both to get this thing to run right, as one effects the other . Ask Bruce, he wil respond I am almost positive of it. Good guy, and he knows alot about these bikes.

I run a larger than life Harley battery made in Japan in my Norton Commando just for this reason, it likes fire !!!! It is not a Starter bike either, just kick, but it has to have massive amounts of power to it to run like a bat out of heck . Same thing on my Iron Head Harley, big battery, lots of amps, it works, my starter sings now, and the bendix NEVER misses a beat ever anymore. Large wires helps too, don''t let anyone tell you different . You wouldn't wire your house with speaker wire would ya ? Ok then !

Later, Cheers, Kelly