Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2017, 05:43 PM   #1

Hello from East Tennessee

Hey, my name is James. I'm into cars and all sorts of motorized stuff.

Here is my Slovenian built Tomos TX-50:

http://s222.photobucket.com/user/tur...?sort=6&page=1

I just aquired a Bravo 110cc ATV. It didn't run when I got it.

I had to clean the carb, replace the broken bolt that holds the swing arm to the chassis and tethered the rack to the chassis because the shock is busted (I got one on order).

I think it something is wrong with the carb. It looks like it's burning oil but I think it's running rich. Three things I noticed:

What one website is showing the idle mixture screw. It has no effect on the engine. Whether the screw is turned all the way in or taken completely out.

What's weird is it look like the idle mixture screw it "dogged out" if that make sense. It's not tapered and my co-worker who gave it to me, I doubt he messed with it.

The idle speed screw (the one with the spring) has no effect on the idle speed. I had to adjust the cable to bump the idle speed up.

Spark plug is sooty black but the ATV still runs. It sounds to me like it's running too rich (pop pop pop).

I did find a new carb on Ebay for $14 free shipping that looks like what I got. Just have to make sure the flange is 48mm before ordering.

Any of you guys have one these ATVs?

Here are some of my You tube videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc0...dSkXEM91ETwlBg

Old 02-10-2017, 06:51 AM   #2

Welcome to here! You should have your ATV sorted out in no time as our resident experts will guide you through troubleshooting.

I find the Tomos interesting from your photos; heck, all your toys look interesting. I remember the Fiats from my childhood growing up in L.A. as there were a few Spiders running around, not to mention a few of those 4 door Fiats.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-10-2017, 07:19 AM   #3

Welcome aboard!
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 02-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #4

Welcome, the carb on that little 110 should be a PZ19. Or you could get a Mikuni of the same size that would work.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Welcome, the carb on that little 110 should be a PZ19. Or you could get a Mikuni of the same size that would work.
I went ahead and bought the carb Ebay for $14.

I'm having some weird issues with this thing. It's fouling plugs. The smoke looks blue but the exhaust smells like it's running too rich and spark plug looks carbon fouled and it's not using an oil. The weird thing is I can ride this thing for an hour or two and as long as the engine is warmed up it fires right up.

But the next day it won't start. If I pull the plug and bead blast the carbon off, it fires up.

I'll take some photos if this doesn't make sense but there is what looks like a PVC valve (on a lawnmower) that feeds into a pre-muffler on the exhaust. The hose is about 1/2". I traced it down to a device that looks like an EGR valve just dangling. There is another large port on it and a small port but both are not connected to anything.

It sort of likes like an EGR valve that would goto a smog pump on a car. Is it emission related?

What is the function of this thing and do I need it? Can I remove it and blank off the port on the exhaust pipe?

Old 02-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Welcome to here! You should have your ATV sorted out in no time as our resident experts will guide you through troubleshooting.

I find the Tomos interesting from your photos; heck, all your toys look interesting. I remember the Fiats from my childhood growing up in L.A. as there were a few Spiders running around, not to mention a few of those 4 door Fiats.
Thanks. I love all my toys. I also have a go-kart and a Manco Thunderbird but both have carb issues and I'm thinking about converting them to slide valve carbs. As you know the throttle is connected to a mechanism and runs to the governor that runs to the throttle body. A weird setup that is hard to get right.

The Tomos is probably the most reliable toy I have. I can't seem to tear that thing up.

I also have a small pocket bike I've raised the handlebars on. But being 46 years old, it hurts my knees if I ride it for very long. My wife took this video about 10 years ago.

My wife thinks I'm nuts for liking small bikes and stuff but my father didn't let me have a mini-bike when I was a kid so I guess that's why I like them.