Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #1

Thumbs Up First time China soon 2b rider

Green and black Hawk 250 being delivered Thursday ish. Avid lifelong rider and courisity had gotta the best of me . Been reading the rave reviews on these dirt cheap bikes, test rode one yestrday after selling my 86xl250r Honda . Was waiting for it to fall apart but after a very amazing test ride I just had to own own myself . It will be stabled with a 2008 goldwing , a 2014 KLR 650 and a project Honda metro project bike . I ride average 30,000 year and this is my only hobby . Very active as a moderator on gl1800 forum and looking for as much hawk info as I can get my eyes on here . in advance . First question is who sells the cheapest Mikuni carb for this thing ? The stock one is non adjustable ( unless drilled cap ) and I like Good ole Mikuni's a lot .

Old 02-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #2

Welcome to here! You will find plenty of people giving plenty of help with the Hawk, even from people like me who don't own one

There are several sellers of the Mikuni clones on Ebay, and someone who just bought one will probably steer you in the right direction.

It sounds like you will do great with your Hawk as it does not sound like you are planning to use it for things it was not intended for, and you have other bikes in your stable. Here is one from just the other day, for instance http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18223

The big thing about the Hawks (and other Chinese brand's bikes) is the price; you can't beat them for the money!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-12-2017, 07:09 PM   #3

hey Rail welcome aboard. I've had my hawk for about a year and I still love it. I grabbed my mikuni on ebay, I dont remember the seller. Get some jets too. start with a 110 and I think 20 pilot and work from there. I have the stock exhaust and air box so the 110 is perfect. jets are cheap.

The very first thing I did was change the oil. (no synthetic for break in) Also, adjust the valves before trying to tune carb. go to youtube an watch Motocheez adjust his valves.

Oh unless you want to outcasted and possibly banned for life here, take pictures.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
hey Rail welcome aboard. I've had my hawk for about a year and I still love it. I grabbed my mikuni on ebay, I dont remember the seller. Get some jets too. start with a 110 and I think 20 pilot and work from there. I have the stock exhaust and air box so the 110 is perfect. jets are cheap.

The very first thing I did was change the oil. (no synthetic for break in) Also, adjust the valves before trying to tune carb. go to youtube an watch Motocheez adjust his valves.

Oh unless you want to outcasted and possibly banned for life here, take pictures.
Rail32...
Even if you just borrow from the Web like this of your klr pure awesomeness

Welcome!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-24-2017, 08:04 PM   #5

I've rode both Japanese and china bikes and I've never been let down by either. Sure, I may of had little problems with the china bikes but I never paid more than $500 for any of them (up until i bought my new one). They always got me up and down the road.