Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2017, 11:47 AM   #1

Thanks for the suggestions. I've read several posts and it seems the term for idle screw is used for both screws. Carbs puzzle me. I'll attack the mikuni again later this week when the new pilot jets arrive. Back to stock for now to get in some riding on the warm days ahead.

Old 03-19-2017, 11:56 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscooter View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I've read several posts and it seems the term for idle screw is used for both screws. Carbs puzzle me. I'll attack the mikuni again later this week when the new pilot jets arrive. Back to stock for now to get in some riding on the warm days ahead.
I'm 99% sure that I always have mentioned the idle mixture screw. On a Mikuni, the idle speed screw is on the opposite side of the carb. Important to understand the difference between idle mixture and idle speed. The idle speed screw only raises or lowers the slide. The idle mixture screw only controls the fuel mixture at idle.....ARH

Old 03-19-2017, 12:26 PM   #3

I like it when ARH chimes in on carb posts. Out of all the articles I've read, Youtube's I've watched, he is the only one that has made sense to me. So one more time for us slow kids. The idle speed screw is on the right side of the carb (pic 1). The same place as the "knob" that adjusts the idle speed on the stock carb. The idle mixture screw is on the bottom of the carb (pic 2). Set idle mixture screw 1 1/2 turns out to start. Give me two weeks and I should be done with this.

Name:  mikuni 1 shrunk.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  69.6 KB

Name:  mikuni 2 shrunk.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  66.4 KB

Old 03-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscooter View Post
I like it when ARH chimes in on carb posts. Out of all the articles I've read, Youtube's I've watched, he is the only one that has made sense to me. So one more time for us slow kids. The idle speed screw is on the right side of the carb (pic 1). The same place as the "knob" that adjusts the idle speed on the stock carb. The idle mixture screw is on the bottom of the carb (pic 2). Set idle mixture screw 1 1/2 turns out to start. Give me two weeks and I should be done with this.

Attachment 9025

Attachment 9026
I some how got the idea you were asking about a Mikuni carburetor. The one in the picture is not a Mikuni. Or if it is, it's not like any Mikuni I ever worked on. That looks like a Kiehin pz30. Or a copy there of. Mikuni main jets will work in that carb, but the Mikuni pilot jet won't....ARH

Last edited by Ariel Red Hunter; 03-19-2017 at 05:20 PM. Reason: added info

Old 03-19-2017, 06:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
I some how got the idea you were asking about a Mikuni carburetor. The one in the picture is not a Mikuni. Or if it is, it's not like any Mikuni I ever worked on. That looks like a Kiehin pz30. Or a copy there of. Mikuni main jets will work in that carb, but the Mikuni pilot jet won't....ARH
That is the Mikuni copy from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-VM26-...ZWfoFc&vxp=mtr

Old 03-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #6

It is from ebay. Should I get a different one and if so, anyone have a link?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262202860867...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Name:  mikuni 3 shrunk.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  66.3 KB

Old 03-19-2017, 07:15 PM   #7

This is what the 30 pilot looks like. http://www.ebay.com/itm/162106780148...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT