Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #1

Its Here!

Well I recieved the Hi-Bird 250 this morning and just finashed putting it together and changed the oil.I am going to wait till tomarrow to fire it up its about 17 degrees outside .Every thing is great on the bike the box and metal crate was intact.I didn,t take pictures of the box because it was snowing out.Its going to warm up this week so I hope to get some video up as well.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #2

Damn! That looks nice! Hows that motor differ from the V4S ? What carb, Air filter. Exaust? Did you get it from Tim?

Old 03-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #3

Thanks buyingchina yes I got it from Tim.I have my atv out in the shed to make some room to put the bike together.It has the airbox filter on it.I am not sure about the carb.I am going to get the v4s out tomarrow so I can compare the two.The exausts are different but the Hibirds seems to be made pretty well.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #4

Looks nice, whats with the license plate holder though? Looks a little excessive :wink: Nice looking hand guards too

Old 03-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #5

Hi, I was talking with Tim the other day about the street bike he has, but I forgot about the enduro a while ago. I contacted him on some one elses behalf.Been busy, I'm working on a lot of projects right now, and was side tracked with a pain in the a$$. But its been all but worked out. The sight of your new bike got me going again. Seems Tim can't keep that V4S in stock!

To bad we don't live closer, we could split the cost of leasing a small toy warehouse!

Buyingchina

Old 03-07-2008, 10:48 PM   #6

looks good!

i don't know how you can resist the urge to fire it up.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #7

Yea jim I think I can put a car plate on that baby.I have to redrill the holes Missouri has very small plates for bikes.

Buyingchina ,I was looking at the new street bikes tim has and they look awsome .I figured with the enduro I can take it out with the atv's and do some trail riding with it as well as cruise around town.
Thank goodness you don't live close If I buy one more toy my wife is going to file on me lol.

Thanks Zap ,If it wasn't so dang cold I would. :wink:

Old 03-07-2008, 10:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Buyingchina ,I was looking at the new street bikes tim has and they look awsome .I figured with the enduro I can take it out with the atv's and do some trail riding with it as well as cruise around town.
Thank goodness you don't live close If I buy one more toy my wife is going to file on me lol.

"Honey" thinks I'm crazy! I got her fooled. (I am crazy)!
You just have to work it. All they really want is a little attention. You know the drill.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:01 PM   #9

I think she's on to me. 8O

Old 03-07-2008, 11:53 PM   #10

Congrats, KC! Probably one of the best bikes for the money, considering the 250cc vs. 200cc. You will have to meet up with 'driller' for a comparo to his GY5 (with photos and video of course).

Can't wait for the video. You and 'Universal Diver' are leaning me towards one of these if the Qlink never pans out (I'm still holding out hope... ), but for half the cost and the easy AZ registration, this bike is looking better and better--plus whoever ordered these from China had the smarts to have the factory install a 46t rear sprocket instead of the usual 56 t :x

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #11

thanks culcune,well you know uncle sam is going to send you some spending money in may and tim said he had plenty off enduros.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #12

Congrats...that is so SCHWEET!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #13

Congrats.

You will love it. I wish I could ride mine today but the cold front finally made it here I think. Its like 69-70. 8O

Sorry I could not resist...

Seriously I need to study some of your pics.. I for the life of me could not figure out the damn hand guards.

On a side note, I have a ton of family in Indepenence. I used to live in Pittsburg KS when I was young, and had swim meets there alot.

Nice area to grow up.... Unlike Fla which blows.

Now the race is on to see who gets the vids up first...

Old 03-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #14

Thanks kw4tx,Im enjoying it.

Universal I'm sorry to hear the weather turned for the bad.Its a wopping 13 degrees right now getting the margerettamachine out.If you like I can take a close up of the hand guards.
My best freind grew up in Pittsburge.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #15

I would love a few pics of the hand guards.... I was about to give up. It is really my first bike so it will be a learning process I guess....